Chapter 8

Genevieve

"It's true. No guy can like me. I'm-"

"Beautiful. Rich. Sexy. Kind. Pretty. I have been imagining you as a sexy model standing in front of all of us; it makes me want to kiss you. You're perfect. And damn well an angel. You're like God's true creation in heaven and decided to put you on earth."

I gave her a flat face; "You want to talk about gods right now?" I threw a popcorn on my mouth and chewed slowly, "And okay, lesbihonest."

"No. But I'm saying that you're an exact protocol of a freaking beauty! Elizabeth, you're the most beautiful girl I have ever met. You're kind, and really charming. Dammit, even Gunter have the hots for you!"

I raised an eyebrow, "Really now?"

Livy widens her eyes, "Oops?" She raised her shoulders.

I shook my head. "I don't know. Justin Clarkson who's filthy rich and owns a lot of company? Liking me? Nope. Not going with it."

Livy pouted, "Come on. Why are you so difficult?" She whined. I chuckled, "Shut up and lets watch the movie before Gunter arrives from his last shift."

The rest of the night, Livy and I talked a little about Justin, his company, and of course, his manliness.

Gunter arrived an hour later, bringing pizza so we played and chatted.

I came home feeling sleepy. I checked my phone to check any messages.

Shit. What the hell?

45 missed calls and 67 messages from another unknown number.

Is he trying to show me something? Like if he thought I'd swoon over his concerns? No. I don't think he can force something out of me. I tend to believe hard, so it means I also do things the hard way.

I turned off my phone and grabbed my earphone. I dialed his number.

He picked up at the first ring. "Elizabeth."

"If you keep calling. I will change my phone number, and mark my words Clarkson; I will block any numbers that you have. I won't accept your attitude and your reckless behavior. Stop calling." Before he could speak, I hung up.

I checked the time and it was 04.34 PM.

I changed into my sports attire and went to hit the gym.

I went to the punching bags. In each punch, I thought of Justin. His penetrating eyes sent me thousands of Goosebumps.

It's like everyday he keeps on catching me. But his attitude is enough to not catch me.

I punched on the punching bag with hard knuckles thinking of what I had thought.

Did I like Justin Clarkson?

Did he really like me?

Did I really care?

I threw another punch and another.

What if he knows who I am?

What if he's trapping me?

What if it's a decoy?

What if it's another lie?

Punch.

What if he did care?

What if he did want me?

What if he did like me?

What if...

Punch. Punch. Punch.

I was overthinking. Again. And it's because of him.

Honestly, I don't even know how these things suddenly some up in my head - all I know is that I'm fucked up, really.

* * * * *

I went to grab another pack of bacon. I threw it on the cart and sighed. I dragged it to another section and found tampons all around. Hm. I grabbed five packs of pads and went to the counter.

The lady behind the counter smiled at me, "Hey Eli." I nodded, "Hey Jesse."

"Tired?"

"Yeah, I went for another work out. How's your brother doing?"

She smiled, "He's doing fine. Thanks for asking." I nodded. She gave me the bags and smiled, "Bye. See you later."

"Bye."

I walked out of the grocery store and went to my Hyundai - Tucson.

I put the groceries in and started the car before driving off.

I kept on thinking of what Livy said. Justin Clarkson likes me. Was that true?

Again. And again, that question always comes into my mind. I hate how it really confuses me.

My thoughts were cut off short when I ear a siren wailing behind me.

"Oh shit." I went to pull up and sigh.

I opened my window and there was Sheriff LeBuff. "Hey...Ace."

"Elizabeth? Dear, you're speeding again." I farrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "I was? I'm sorry, it's just that there's a lot in my mind right now."

"Everything alright darling?" I smiled softly, "Yeah, everything's fine."

"I'll leave you be then. Don't speed again or else..."

I chuckled, "Okay, I won't Ace, see you." He waved and smiled before going back to his bike.

Great. I was speeding and I didn't know. Questions confuse me when I couldn't answer.

I looked back and suddenly saw a BMW parking behind me. I raised an eyebrow. Then, I saw Roberto coming out of the car.

I groaned, I got out with my hand still on the door, incase. "What do you want?" I asked.

"We want to follow of where yours house is located, miss."

I shook my head. "Your all stupid if you think I'll let you follow me." He raises an eyebrow, "Well then, we'll follow you anyway if you don't want us to." I smirked, "Fine."

I hopped in my car and drove off to find a motel.

Idiots.

Don't forget assholes.