Chapter 2

Genevieve

I sighed as soon as Jennifer left, "So much for breakfast." I mumbled, Livy chuckled, "Go eat Eli, I'll cover up for you." I raised an eyebrow, "Livy, how many buses of students are you touring?"

"Just one."

Gunter snorted a response, "Lucky you." I hugged Gunter and Livy, "Thanks Livy. Gunter just call us if you need help bro."

I jogged to my car and drove off to Starbucks. I hummed, coffee sounds good right now after that horrible nightmare.

I parked beside a tow truck and got inside the Starbucks. The fresh scent of coffee hit me as soon as I entered. I breathed in the smell and sighed out in relief and sweetness. "Liza, hey." I turned to look at the person calling me, which resulted as Harry. "Hey Harry Styles."

"Ha ha. Funny." He said with annoyance. He clicked on his pen when I sat down on my usual seat. "What do you want for today?" I pursed my lips, "The usual." He smiled, "Got it, coming right up. You're lucky for today, we're serving pancakes." I raised an eyebrow, "Starbucks actually serve pancakes?"

He chuckled, "No, just for today." I nodded in understanding. He waved and walked away to get my order.

I played with my scarf, feeling like I was being watched. In cue, I looked up to see brown caramel eyes staring at me intensely. I glared, motioning him it was 'rude to stare'. He just smirked. Asshole.

I looked away to grab my phone inside my bag. I checked to see if there were any messages and saw Livy's missed call. I raised an eyebrow and checked when did she call.

Last night. I sighed, after receiving a punishment from Jennifer; I worked really late in the museum. Livy must've been worried when I disappeared after mopping the final floor.

Someone whistled and saw Harry making his way towards me with my order. I smiled as he put my coffee down, unexpectedly a pancake. "Oh, no need-"

"It's free for you, said the manager." I grinned, "Say thanks to Rob for me." Harry smiled and nodded before leaving.

Moments after eating my phone started ringing. I saw Livy's wacky face on the screen, I picked up.

"Hart."

"Hey, I'm done talking to your the teachers. You're actually just touring one bus."

"What?" I blinked in confusion, remembering what Jennifer had told us not too long ago, "Why?"

"Don't know. Jennifer must've felt sorry for you." I rolled my eyes, "She doesn't have to apologize, and it was my fault when I broke that ancient vase."

Livy chuckled, "I can't believe you had the guts to play tennis in the museum. Jen wanted your head for that, and for breaking that vase but, unfortunately for her, she's too nice."

I laughed, "Yeah, whatever Liv. What time is mine?"

"Before the detention kids. Meaning, at exactly 4." I nodded, "Kay, thanks so much Livy, I'll see you soon."

"Bye."

I hung up and sighed, "I can't believe I woke up early for nothing."

I checked the time that read 07.56 AM. Time really does fly.

I took a sip of my latte and moaned a little. Tasty.

I got up from my chair as soon as I finished and left a tip. I looked around to make sure I haven't left anything and went to walk out.

I made my way to the car when suddenly; my instinct got the best of me. I grab the person's hand behind me and twisted it.

"Ah!" I widen my eyes, "Ops. I'm so sorry mister, I didn't mean to do...that." I hear a groan as I let go.

I saw someone approaching us, "Hey, is there a problem here?" I looked up at the buff guy. "Sorry. I didn't mean to twist his hand. I um...I thought he was a pervert who...was going to grab me."

The buff guy raised an eyebrow, "Miss, please step back." I bit my lip and took a step back. He helped the guy I had grabbed and spoke with him for a minute. I fidgeted with my fingers.

Then, the Starbucks doors open, revealing the same man I had saw looking at me earlier – which he still is actually.

"Roberto? Everything okay?" He asked the buff guy. I widen my eyes; they know each other. "Yeah man, this lady actually has strength, she managed to bruise Sam here."

I bit my lip in nervousness. The caramel-eyed man raised an eyebrow at me. "I'm really sorry," I blurted, "my reflexes got the best of me...he was about to grab my butt!"

"How did you know that?" The man I had injured grunted out. I looked down, "Cars actually has reflections." I muttered.

"Roberto, take Sam to Luke, I'll take care of her." Both of the men walked away while Sam guy was still groaning. I looked up to see caramel eyes staring at me. "Um...I'm really sorry sir, I...I-"

"Sh. It's okay sweetheart. May I know the strong lady that had bruised the man I newly hate?" What?

"E-Eli."

"Eli?" I nodded, "Eli." I answered again. Caramel-eyed man softly smiled, but there was still a glint in his eyes that scared me and sparked me at the same time, really deeply. "Well, Eli, I have to go, I'll see you...soon." He then walked away.

I released a large intake of breath I didn't know I was holding in. Oh shit. What fine man he was.