Ch. 14

"Where have you been this past month A'Rian?" I ask, calling him by his first name. Watching him lay on the bed, he tried grabbing me.

I mushed his head, feeling my eyes and ears burn. I guess those little messages I was getting were true. "Ashari, chill man you know I only want you." Pulling me onto his lap, the half-nigga actually had the nerve to try and kiss me.

"What was this one's name today? " I slapped him hard across the face, letting my tears fall. "You fucking promised you would stop dealing with them. "

I got ready to slap his already reddened face again, when he quickly flipped us over. "Hit me one more fucking time Andria I dare you! Now your stubborn ass know that couldn't happen, I have children by them too. " His vein bulged out his neck and his eyes were darker.

"I'm your wife! Not those concubines, they see you more than I do. I don't care about the children part, it's their mothers. You always do this when you come back Ishmael!" I scream at him, heartbroken.

"Calm down bella, I'm sorry. " He flits through my mind quickly, as a tear slides down his face. "I had no idea, let me take the pain away." He places his lips to my temple. I could feel myself slowly grow tired.

"I love you Ash."

"Fuck you Mael."

*

I wake in the middle of the night to hear talking. " Calia I told you I'm through. I can't keep lying to Ash about where I go."

I bite my lip, squeezing my eyes shut. I fucking knew it, why didn't he just tell me?

Ishmael hangs up, sliding into the bed, he pulls me close. " I can't lose you again Ashari. I promise everything will be better." Kissing my shoulder, he slowly falls asleep.

Getting up the next morning, I roll over yawning, feeling a warm body under me. "Good morning mama!" Raven exclaims, handing me a single red rose. " Me and daddy made breakfast." Smiling, I ask him have he ate already, watching as he heads out the door. " Yes ma'am, and I brushed my teeth already."

Starting my morning out right, I go do my daily routine.

"Hey." I greet, walking into the kitchen to see Ishmael on his lap top. "Morning baby, we made you breakfast." He smile, patting the chair beside him. Biting my lip, I rub my hand nervously. " It's ok, I'll eat um later. " I get a juice and my pills, sitting at the other end. "Ok," he looks down for a second, before looking back up. Watching as he gets up with his lap top I wonder where he was going. " It was going to be a surprise, but I couldn't keep it any longer."

On the screen was a beautiful brick house, the exact one I was looking at a few months ago in the paper. Scrolling down, I read it was a 5 bedroom, 6 baths, had a theater room, rec room, and a den. "This was the house I was telling you about baby!" I hug him, going through the virtual layout. "I thought you forgot all about it."

Laughing, Ishmael kisses my forehead, "No, as soon as you said it, I called up AJ to tell him to check it out. Since there wasn't much to fix, I was thinking we could have a family day today and start decorating. That's if you want to, of curse." He rushes out, making the same face he did when he as y dad if he could take me out. Scared shitless.

"I'd like that." Starting to get out the chair, Ishmael grabs my waist pulling me up and on to the counter. "I know you had a little attitude a few minutes ago, see you straightened up for Daddy." Chuckling, he started to kiss my neck. "Boy please," Fixing his hair I bite my lip. "You ain't bout that life."

Squealing, I laugh as he carries me up stairs.