The old woman shook her head disapprovingly and glared at the young maid. "You should have dress her properly or at least comb her hair!" she hissed. I bit my lip in shame.

She then looked at me and clucked her tongue. "Come Miss. I can't let you go in there looking like ...like a...a" seemingly not able to find the right words, her whole face flushed crimson that she looked ready to burst. She motioned for me to follow her and I quickly did, realizing that there are three guards not far away from where we are standing and I could no longer make a dash.

The old woman led me to a series of doors before stopping inside a bedroom similar to mine but slightly smaller. She opened another door leading to the bathroom.

"Take a bath Miss. I'll prepare a dress for you. Please hurry. The young master is impatient. "

Impatient my ass! I want to say that badly but I bit my tongue and nodded. I watched her slip out of the room. I looked at the bathroom. It was spacious with a bath tub fit for two people. Feeling rather dirty, I eagerly slip out of my clothes and went in the bath. The cool, fragrant water was relaxing and my eyes involuntarily closes. Just as I am about to take a nap, the door opened and the old woman came in with the same disapproving expression.

"You've been in here for almost an hour. I have brought you the dress. Please dry yourself." She handed me a towel and I quickly took it, shock that I didn't realized how long I was in the bath.

A blood red, sleeveless dress was in the bed. I swallowed a lump in my throat and looked pointedly at the woman. "Y-you want me to wear it?" I asked slowly. The woman smiled and nodded eagerly.

"Certainly Miss, although in our time these dresses used to have sleeves and be longer but I'm sure it will fit you well."

"Oh no. I can't wear that thing." I said firmly. I'm sure the dress will end above my knees but the deep V of its neckline will surely show some cleavage.

"There is no time. You must get dress on your own or I shall dress you." The old woman said with such determination I already knew she will do as she says. I grabbed the dress and quickly walked back to the bathroom. I slip the dress on. It did fit perfectly, accentuating all the curves I didn't know I had and also my cleavage. My cheeks turned crimson all over again.

I went out with my head bowed down. The old woman clapped her hands happily. "Oh you look wonderful.."She gushed but then stopped and started pushing my hair back.

"We must tie your hair up." She said. I frowned and shook my head.

"No. I want it down like this. "I countered. Her eyes narrowed and once again pushed my hair back, only this time, she froze her eyes glued to my neck.

I was instantly alarmed at the awe and disbelief and then pity that crossed her grayish eyes. My hand flew to my neck, my fingertips touching something like two punctured circles. I grew alarmed and dashed to the mirror. Sure enough, a pair of punctured, almost healing wounds were in my neck, like I was bitten. But what bit me?

"Come. We need to hurry." The old woman said and almost dragged me back to where we came from. We stopped in front of double doors with two guards on both sides.

"Good luck." I heard the old woman said before she pushed me forward and the double doors opened.

I held in a breath, instantly feeling a pair of eyes on me as I entered the dining hall.

The room was far from what I garishly pictured. It was simply elegant. The dining table long and filled with mouth-watering dishes. I instantly felt hungry but was snapped from ogling with a clearing of throat. I looked up to find Roarke already seated at the table, his eyes narrowed, expression that of annoyance. His gaze travelled from my uncombed and dripping hair to my dress, down to my bare feet. My heart beat went overdrive.

Did he like what he saw?

Well, who cares if he didn't? I don't care!

I held my chin high and met his unwavering stare.

"It took you two hours to get in here looking like that. It's quite impressive." He drawled sarcastically I actually bristled in fury. How dare he? I was forced in this dress just to please him the "young master"!

"Well come on, take a seat. "He ordered and once again, like this morning, I found myself obeying his command.

I sat in front of him, seeing as there is only one plate arranged aside from what he is using. I notice then that we were the only one in the room.

"Where is Tasha and Jonah?" I asked nervously and looked at the dish of meat near me. I do hope this is not Jonah!

"He already ate. Tasha tucked him to bed. Dinner starts at seven in the evening. Don't be late again." He said seriously without looking at me.

I openly glared at him, not that he knows this because he is not looking. How I want to strangle this frustrating and handsome man!

Handsome?! Gah!I must be out of my mind thinking of him as handsome!

I stabbed a chunk of meat and brought it to my mouth. I was not ready for the bitterness of its taste. I spit it out hurriedly, looking green. I am extremely hungry but I was craving for something else entirely. Something I couldn't name.

"You don't like the food?" he asked nonchalantly studying me under those ridiculously long lashes. Damn him!

My throat suddenly feel parched, I grabbed a glass of water and greedily drank up but it was not enough. I was also aware my body temperature had rose again upon entering this room. My breathing had gone heavier and I found myself staring hungrily at his lips.

I clenched my thighs together, feeling something building up in my core.

It seemed Roarke knew what was happening. He placed down his fork and studied me calmly.

"I see its not the food. "He stated matter-of-factly and then his eyes lit up again. It scared me what was lurking behind those electric blue eyes.

"I will help you but you need to tell me what you want me to help you with." He said.

I gritted my teeth. He knew exactly what was going on with me. It was a hoodoo spell! I am sure of it!

I fisted my hand and gripped the fork with the other. Without breaking eye contact, I forked another chunk of meat and brought it to my mouth. I indulge the bitterness in my tongue and forced myself to swallow.

Roarke's eyes narrowed and he picked up his fork as well. "As you wish." He murmured and we continue to eat in agonizing silence. After the third bite I couldn't take it anymore. I hastily stood up, knocking the chair over in the process and ran outside as if my life depended on it. The guards did not stopped me. I found the garden, relished the cool evening breeze and emptied my stomach of its content.

Not long after, I heard footsteps coming near. I was still bended over, slightly panting as Roarke stopped beside me. I straightened up and glared at him.

In one quick movement I was pressed in the wall, his body covering mine. My heart beat went overdrive as I gaze into his electric blue eyes. My mind couldn't decide whether to push him or let him near, not when my body was humming with pleasure being this close to him.

"I hate to be defied, Ms. LeChat. I have to punish you."

I watched his incisor teeth sharpened, elongating until they resembled sharp fangs. Before I could react, his teeth sunk to my neck to the very same spot where the two punctured wounds are. I felt extreme pain, my knees trembled and I slid to the ground, absolutely powerless.

I saw him wipe the blood in his mouth. He looked down at me, electric blue eyes now two bright yellows,

"I own you."

AUTHOR NOTES: Hope you like the story! :-D Thank you for reading! This story is formerly entitled Submissive, now Defying Roarke.