Chapter 28

A/N: Hey look at me updating a week later! I hope you guys enjoy the chapter! It does get a bit hot and heavy towards the end. Let me know what you guys think!

Comment, Vote, Fan (Follow)! ~

Chapter 28 (Tory's POV)

The rest of the day was spent with Don playing outside. He of course had more than enough energy for the entire group. After running around with Tom, he decided to play tag with Paul. You would think that Don would be losing, but surprisingly enough, Paul was the one doing most of the running around. Shocking as it was, Don was faster than Paul, a werewolf. Tom had taken that moment to tell me that Don is not only fast for his age but strong as well. The others that were watching were giving him wary looks and would, from time to time, glance at me in question. I couldn't take the stares anymore and ended their game, declaring Don the winner. He was happy enough to go run towards Raphael asking to play soccer. Raphael, of course, agreed and called all of the other kids to join. They turned it into a match between the kid's soccer team, which to my surprise was all of the young wolves in the pack, against Raphael, Tom, Paul, Marcus, Alex, Wyatt, Adrian, and Damien.

It was fun to watch a group of men being completely overrun by the kids. The soccer team had plenty of members; they outnumbered the guys three to one. I asked Vin why they had so many members, he simply smiled and said he didn't have the heart to tell any one of them they could not join. He openly accepts anyone who wants to join the team, as long as they know that they will be working hard. This man was amazing.

As fun as the game was to watch, Vincent had other ideas. He had seemed pensive from the beginning of the game. He got up from the chair and stood me up, as he had not let go of my hand all day, and led me inside the house. He led me into his room, the room I was currently occupying. Once inside, I continued to follow him when he went towards the double doors that lead to the balcony and sat down in one of the chairs outside, letting go of my hand. Finally getting the chance to look outside since getting here, and it was such a beautiful sight to see. All I could see was trees when looking into the distance, which is a huge change for a city girl like me. Directly below, I had a perfect view of the game being played. I could see Don running around with the ball in front of him, a big goofy smile on his face.

"I wanted to speak to you privately, but I know you want to keep an eye on him," Vincent said, now standing next to me.

I smiled, "Wouldn't they all still be able to hear us with their super hearing?" I teased.

"With all the screaming going on I doubt it; they aren't even paying attention to us. For us to hear something at a distance, we have to concentrate."

"Oh, okay. What did you want to talk about?"

"I'm not sure you want to talk about it, but it needs to be discussed." I cringed knowing where this was going. "Who is Don's father?"

I sighed. "It's something that was bound to come up," I said giving him a tight smile. "His name is Jake. He was the man I thought I would spend the rest of my life with. But things are not always what they seem."

"What happened?"

"Easiest way to say it is, he got abusive." A growl was immediately heard once the words left my lips. The game down below also stopped and as one they all turned to look up at us, even Don. I smiled and waved at them, "We're okay. He's okay. Keep playing." The guys looked at each other and shrugged, continuing the game, the kids following the lead. Don looked up again, an uneasy expression on his face. I blew him a kiss and received a big smile; he turned and ran off after the ball. "Are you calm now?"