Chapter 22

A/N: Hello again guys! I haven’t gone magically missing again I promise. It’s on the shorter side again but I hope you like it anyways!

Vote, Comment, Follow (Fan)! Enjoy ~

Chapter 22 (Vincent’s POV)

                As the day continues, Tory and I seemed inseparable. She took my explanation well. Even though I thought the double date would end up in a disaster, things turned out surprisingly well. I did, however, notice how uncomfortable Tory and Blake would feel whenever Meredith and I got a little too competitive. So we tried to tone it down. I did win though. That also counts to make it a great day. But mostly because Tory forgave me for my stupidity.

                As good as everything was going, I should have known something would ruin it. “Alpha,” Ralph said through the pack mind link.

                “What?” I asked slightly irritated.

                “I’m sorry to interrupt, sir,” he said very formally, “But we have a problem.”

                “What?” I demanded, sitting up from my cuddled up position with Tory. We were currently watching Meredith and Blake bowl against each other.

                “Rouges.” I tensed up immediately.

                “What happened?” Tory asked, surprised at my sudden movement.

                “Blake, Meredith,” I called through the mind link. They both looked up at me. “There are rouges in our territory. I need to go. Keep her safe.” They nodded in response. “I need to go,” I said out loud, looking at my angel.

                “What’s wrong?” She asked a little panicked.

                “I have to go. But I’ll call you later,” I said in a hurry and standing up.

                “Wait, what? What’s wrong?” she asked once more. I did not reply, but gave her a quick peck on the lips before turning and leaving the bowling alley. I knew I could trust Meredith and Blake with my mate, but it didn’t mean it hurt any less leaving her there confused and scared by my actions.

                I ran out and hopped in my car and drove away as fast as I could. Once I got to a more isolates, and less known roads, surrounded by trees, I got out and shifted into my massive black wolf and ran into the woods. “I’m on my way now,” I mind linked Raphael.

                “We have them surrounded,” he replied. He gave me his exact location. I ran even faster, getting there in about three minutes.

                Once I reached them, I saw the guys surrounding three rouges. They were all growling at each other. I let out a menacing growl as I approached, causing them all to quiet down and turn towards me. I shifted back mid step and got a pair of shorts thrown at me by a chocolate brown wolf, Alex. I threw them on quickly and walked a few strides to reach the group. I stood directly in front of the rouges. “Shift,” I commanded them. Though they do not belong to my pack, rouges still feel the power an Alpha radiates. They all shifted and stood before me as naked as the day they were born. “Why are you in my land?” I demanded.

                “Just taking a stroll,” one of them replied cockily. I growled loudly. “Trying to find this pretty mate of yours,” he continued. I charged and grabbed the one that was speaking by the neck and lifted him into the air. “Even if you kill me,” he said in a small hoarse voice as the other two retreated, “we will find her.” In a rage, I put more pressure into my grip, until I heard his neck snap. The sound resonated through the woods, his companions shifting and fleeing as quick as their paws could take them. I looked back at Alex and Marcus, the other two that came with Raphael. They nodded in response, they ran after them without a moments delay. I loosened my grip and let the lifeless body crumble to the ground.