Chapter 5

A/N: Their date is here!! This chapter is a little longer. Comment, Vote, Fan! Enjoy! :D

Chapter 5

Tom held my hand until we got to his car. He opened the door for me. "Such a gentleman," I told him.

"Always," he said smiling at me. He closed the door for me and I watched him as he went around the front of the car, got to the driver's side and got in. He started driving and an awkward silence fell upon us.

"So," I said after a few more minutes of silence. "I had the two busiest days at the diner off this week. Weird huh?"

"I don't think so," he responded.

"I think you planed this," I accused him.

"Maybe," he said smiling.

I chuckled. "So, where are we going?"

"You'll see."

"Oh come on! Paul didn't even give me a clue."

"Good," he said laughing.

"That's not fair!"

"Life isn't fair," he said still laughing at me. I pouted at him, only causing him to laugh even harder. "We're almost there, don't worry."

A few minutes later he pulled up to the front of Adventure Land. "Awesome!" I exclaimed.

"Thought you might like the place."

"Come on!" I said quickly getting out of the car.

"You couldn't wait for me to open the door for you?" He asked once we got out.

"No, not really." He laughed walking up to me and grabbed my hand. We walked up to the ticket booth, I kept looking around to see what they had. When we reached the booth, I reached for my purse with my free hand, only to get stopped by Tom. He glared at me. "Okay, I got the message," I said chuckling. He paid for our tickets and we made our way in.

"Where do you want to go first?" He asked looking around.

"That one," I said pointing at the biggest rollercoaster. "I feel like a kid again."

He laughed. "Good. You need more time to be a kid."

"A mother can't be a kid anymore." He shrugged in response and tugged me towards the ride. There was a short wait and then we were all the way at the front, much to Tom's dismay. He thought I'd be scared, he has much to learn. We both screamed with our arms in the air throughout the ride.

"We have to go again," I exclaimed once we were off.

"Now?"

"No, there's a lot of other things to do, we'll come back to it." I looked around again, then looked up at Tom. I took his hand and smiled. "Where to now?"

"Bumper cars?" he asked. I grinned at him as he led me to the bumper cars. We got on and I had an amazing time smashing into each other. We got on two more times. The last time, we got into a car together and destroyed everyone there. We walked out laughing so hard that people started staring.

"Let's go to the Haunted House," I told him as I dragged him towards it.

"Yea, I want to see you get scared."