Chapter 14: Valentines Day (Short Chapter)

We actually did it, we defeated her! We defeated the abomination that was GLaDOS!

We saw Doug finally come down from a tube that was near us.

"What did I miss?"

We walked back to our house and I finally remembered that today was Valentines Day! Which made me blush at the time when she told me that little poem. It was actually pretty well thought out.

"Chell!" I started giggling a little bit. "There's Uhmmm, there's something on that calendar over there. Would you go have a look at it?

She walked over and I started laughing with her as soon as she realised.

"Happy Valentines Day, luv!"

She walked over and hugged me. Doug was kind of let down at this.

Did he like her too?

To be honest, I kind of felt bad. I told him that he still has the Companion Cube and he smiled.

I knew she couldn't really do anything with me on Valentines Day outside of the house, so I just assumed we were going to spend it inside.

She picked me up and brought me into her room. I saw a package with the Aperture logo on the side. She placed it in front of me and opened it up and I was pretty darn happy.

I gasped when I laid my eyes on the Aperture Management Rail kit.

"Oh thank you! How did you get the money for this?! It's brilliant!"

I attempted to hug her but it didn't work, I'm pretty sure she could tell what I was doing though.

She grabbed her notepad and flipped back to the page with the Valentines note on it and I began to blush again. I felt bad for her. I couldn't get her anything for Valentines Day, yet she got me the best thing I could've asked for.

Then I remembered something I had forgotten to tell her.

"Hey, I just remembered. While I was floating through space, I saw a monitor screen. And on it was a song being played."

I sung her the song and told her that GLaDOS had made it I think.

She looked a bit confused at the fact that GLaDOS was being so mean to her then, even though she had just befriended her. Then she came to the conclusion that it was probably because she deleted Caroline.

I had no idea what she was talking about. It sounded like another form of GLaDOS.