Chapter 4: Do You Forgive Me?

Finally! Okay, what'll I do? I'll find something to write on, but first check my surroundings. Oh wait! What am I doing? I know sign language! I can just find someone else that knows it and see if I can trust them.

Now that I'm here, Bluetown looks much bigger than when I was on the wheat field. Houses everywhere. I found a place that says "SHOP" somewhere, I went inside and saw someone standing behind a counter.

"What would you like today?" I wasn't sure how to react, so I just tried sign language with my hopes high. I knew he wouldn't believe me if I told him my whole story, so I just stuck with a short one.

"Hello, I'm Chell, I use sign language to communicate. can you understand me?" To my surprise, he said yes.

"Alright, that's nice and all, Chell. But I have things to sell and I shouldn't be making small talk with the customers."

Now I understood. It was a trading post! But I had nothing to trade.
"I'm new to this town and I need some directions."

"Okay, I've heard there's a map on the sign at our entrance."

"Thank you" I communicated to him as if he used sign language too.

I ran back to the entrance and saw the map he mentioned. There were many things labeled on it that I have never heard of. Like a park, or a street. Are they labeling the black walkway? Suddenly it snapped in my head. Oh, the street is where people drive and the gray walkway is where we walk! Which led me to think that if I stay here i might get driven into, so I quickly moved away.

Suddenly I remembered something. My cube! How could I have forgotten?! I ran back to the field as quick as I could.

"Finally we're out of that bloody lake." Looking around, I couldn't see a thing. Just a lot of tall strides of wheat sticking out of the ground. So I tried rolling around a bit, struggling to roll my handle bars around with me. Eventually, after about five minutes or so, I bumped into something metal but rough. I looked up and saw it was a charred companion cube! "What? How did-" I gasped at what came to mind. "She's here! Space buddy, she's here, Chell's here!"

"The earth cops?"

"No, mate! She's our only hope!"

About twenty minutes later I felt a thud, and another, and another. "Do you feel that, mate?" I said looking over at space only to find him in sleep mode. Suddenly I saw the cube being lifted and there she was! Chell was there! "Chell!" She jumped back, startled. "Don't be frightened I'm not going to kill you or anything." This was my chance. My chance at apologising. "So, umm. I guess if I were to say anything right now it would be... I- I'm sorry, so very sorry. I c-couldn't control m-myself after I took control. I-I was in her body and I became overrun w-with power. And you have no reason to forgive me, I know. But Chell, I'm sorry." She dropped the cube and quickly picked me up out of the wheat. "Is this a forgiveness?" She didn't reply.

The silence frightened me almost as much as it did in space. I had no idea what she could be doing or where she could be going.

"Oh no! Please tell me this is good!"

"Space!" I called out, hoping he could hear me. I completely forgot he was sleeping. Chell stopped and looked behind her to notice the space core in the grass. Chell grabbed the space core and had a smile on her face.

"No, not you too, mate!" She patted my outer shell and I knew she had forgiven me. I raised up my lower eyelid-plate to simulate a smile. "Thank you, Chell."

A/N I don't know what happened but I'm stuck in italics now, it'll probably get fixed soon and I can update it.