Chapter 6: Not Yet

18 MONTHS LATER:

"Morning, luv!" She wrote on her notepad: *What?* I immediately blushed, bright red, able to pass as a tomato, I was. "I mean-um Chell. Of course, Good m-morning Chell!"

She just wrote good morning with a confused look on her face. I was relieved of that. She can't know, yet. It's only been a year I think, not enough time. She now has a job, working as a shopkeeper. Thankfully, she's off on weekends, including Fridays.

She walked into the living room and sat on the couch, bringing me with her. She grabbed her notepad and wrote: *I was thinking of trying to do a long-term project that I think you would like a lot* "Oh, brilliant! What is it?" *I was thinking of installing a management rail so you can get around the house without my help* "Good idea, but why does it have to be long-term?" *I'm only a shopkeeper, I don't have much money* "Oh, right." She pat me on the head and I laughed. I love it when she does that.

I still can't believe I said that out loud. What if she knows? Oh gosh I may have just made everything so awkward between us. And it was going so well. I just hope she doesn't realise.

During sleep mode I still dreamt of her when we were in Aperture, the good memories, though. Like when I disconnected from my management rail. She didn't catch me, still, but I'm not angry about it, I'm very Grateful, in fact. She ate her breakfast and I was bored. *What's wrong?* "Nothing, just bored" *Space is in the bedroom, you can talk to him.* "I know, but all he ever does is talk about space. Oh, of course, he stopped doing that when we fell, he doesn't talk about that nearly as much as he used to!"

I'm still amazed that Wheatley is here with me. I made it through Aperture and he made it through space. Although space doesn't really do much to affect him physically, I'm sure he was an emotional mess. I wonder if he meant what he said when he called me love? I wouldn't know how to react. Maybe happy, maybe confused as I am now. I noted it in my journal. I would be so embarrassed if he found out.

I grabbed my laptop and showed Wheatley something I've forgotten to show him for a while. I searched "Cara Mia Addio" and found an orchestra video. I tapped Wheatley and showed it to him. "Wait so let me get this straight, the Aperture Science Turrets sung an OPERA to you? And-and GLaDOS let you escape?"

I nodded my head yes. "That must've taken a year to prepare, and another 10 years to program the turrets not to kill you." He laughed and I smiled, I love it when he laughs like that, like when I patted him earlier. It's the best feeling in the world. Not yet, Wheatley.