Chapter 11: A Ratt In Aperture

"He didn't just-"

We saw a slightly tanned man with a small beard and black hair laying in the relaxation vault. He looked as if he'd just been killed and reborn. But we noticed him flinch!

"Oh, he's been shot in the leg! This guy can't be alive!"

*He has to be.* I scribbled quickly. I stared at him. I noticed the companion cube. How did he manage to keep that thing? I wondered, still looking at his wound.

"Well this can't mean anything, we can't get distracted from our mission." He was right. We were just about to walk out the door until we heard the glass on the relaxation vault slide open. We tried to hide but the room was so small there was nothing to do. So we just stood there with fright, hoping he's nice. I saw Wheatley's optic shrink suddenly. It started darting around frantically, looking for somewhere to hide, I assume.

Just then he woke up, and stumbled out of the vault and saw us.

"It's you." His voice was slightly scratchy and deep.

"How did you get here, Chell?"

"Woah, woah, woah. How do you know her name?" I almost giggled at this, considering he's thinking that the man was flirting with me, or something. I didn't though, because that was a pretty good question.

"Okay, there's a lot to explain, so here's the short version: I wanted GLaDOS to be gone and I didn't know how to stop her. So I found you in the files and moved you to the top of the list because I thought you could stop her.

While I was testing I managed to find places to slip in through the facility and build little dens for myself. Then you defeated her and that bot took you back into the relaxation vault. And that's when I tried to set a date for your sleep, but I couldn't. So I just overrided the systems and made sure you would live, you just would've woken up after about 50,000 years."

"That was the short version?"

"Oh! Where are my manners?! I'm Doug. Rattmann, as I'm called. And this is my friend, Companion Cube! Who's the blue guy?"

*This is Wheatley, his story is almost as interesting as yours but we don't have much time for that.*

"Oh! I almost forgot you couldn't speak. Look, I'm sure there are a lot of questions rolling through your mind right now, but we really have to leave! I think she's awake!" I put my hand on his shoulder and sat him back down.

"It's alright, mate. She woke up a long time ago. Actually we were going to take her down now. And who are you callin' 'Bl-"

"Count me in!"

Wheatley rolled his eye and we continued.

"You guys do have a plan, right?" He questioned.

"We've got one." Wheatley replied.

"We can just shut down her-"

"We know, mate! We've done this before!" I didn't think they were getting along too well. He kept his mouth shut for the rest of our trip.

We walked past the dead-end turn. I smiled.

"Alright, I'm absolutely, one hundered" percent, guaranteeing you that it's this way. No it's not this way."

Such good memories we had.

"Oh hey, Chell. Remember this turn? Aww I can't believe I thought it was that way." I started laughing. I kissed him, on the ocular this time. He started blushing and so did I.

"Oh." Doug said, in a low-pitched voice. I didn't realize you two were-"

"I was shocked when I found out, as well. Believe me."

Me and Doug started smiling.