Chapter 10: Breaking & Entering

*We'll go in the morning.*

"Wait! What if the party bot is there?"

The party bot? Wasn't that what GLaDOS was going to kill me with?

*You do realise it isn't actually party bot, right?*

"Of course I do. Why would she actually throw a party for us?" I just call it that because I was never told it's proper name before."

Finally, night rolled over again and we slept well. When morning came, we were both a bit paranoid about going back. After seeing what Aperture has accomplished so far, I knew they probably accomplished a lot in 1 year.

"Should we bring Space with us? He would probably like to come."

I was glad they were bonding, but Space would probably ruin the mission with his loud outbursts.

*Sorry, but he's too loud. We can't let her know that we're here.*

"That's fair. But what if she knows we're coming?"

*Don't be silly, we haven't been there in at least a year, now.*

"True, but you know how much Aperture can change, especially with GLaDOS in charge."

He had a point. For all we know she already had a time travelling device. But even if the facility has changed that much, there aren't that many things that she could do to stop us once we kill her neurotoxin and swap her turrets.

*Don't worry, I have a plan.*

"Whatever you say."

I grabbed my portal gun and my Wheatley and eventually, he lead me across the Wheat field to a place with a single, familiar looking, white panel.

"Here we are, finally. You do recognise the panel, don't you?"

I nodded. As I answered, a blue portal formed on the panel, as if it were magic.

"Ha! I knew a lot would change!" This actually took me by surprise. Automatic portals? What will they think of next?

I looked through the portal to see what was ahead. I saw a Relaxation Vault, but just the part right by the door that Wheatley came in from. I did, however, notice a companion cube sitting there. That's odd. I thought. Then I heard someone knocking on the door and pulled Wheatley down. I heard the door squeak open and I peeked over.

"C'mon! How many more dead stinking test subjects am I gonna find?!" It was a core. Wheatley finally piped up.

"Oh, just brilliant! I knew she would replace me, that bloody-" I covered his mouth before we were caught. The core peered out of the portal and we backed away until we heard the door squeak shut.

Finally, we went through the portal. Quietly and cautiously. To Wheatley's surprise, the Relaxation Vault didn't change at all, from what we could tell. Then I jumped back at what we both saw.