Chapter 3: The Return

There was a lot of debris, taking up the area. I was practicing my apology to Chell, making it as sincere as possible, doubting it would ever be useful. Every time I went to say it out loud it didn't go so well, I just stutter every word, as if I'm forcing it out of my mouth against the word's will. So I just keep it into my mind, thinking of things to make it better. I kept wondering if she was okay. Did GLaDOS kill her? Is she still testing? Is she free? No, she couldn't be. GLaDOS would let that happen before she brings ME back with her, I'm a monster, I am.

Suddenly, I was rushing downward, there was a large piece of scrap metal clouding my memory, it pushed us so far down towards the earth.

"No, space! Not deep enough! Not deep enough! We need to go deeper!

"Space junk! It's pushing us toward the earth, this is brilliant!"

I was still pondering my thoughts with questions like, where is civilization? Is this a simulation? Where is Wheatley? Is he okay? Is he sorry? Is he okay? Is he okay? Before my thoughts could ask anymore, I saw a black path in the distance, after squinting my eyes. I wasn't sure what it was, but it wasn't part of a wheat field, and I'm happy for that! I ran to it. as I got closer, I noticed more things; houses, parks, trees: Civilization!

Now seeing the civilization, I was led to my next thought: I'm a mute! What are people going to think? How will I communicate? I can read, and I can write! Easy! But what will I write on? After listening to my thoughts for about 10 minutes, I've arrived! I'm here! I came across a sign that read "BLUETOWN, POPULATION: 847" Bluetown? I thought to myself. Great, now I'm thinking even more about the past!

We were rushing down faster than I can think! Which isn't actually very fast now that I think about it. But still, I wasn't scared! We're in earths atmosphere, I believe.

"Let's hope we land in a lake! I yelled.

"But wouldn't that fry our circuits?! I was shocked when I heard this. I've never heard him say anything about anything that didn't have space involved.

"Only androi-" There it was! I saw the ground of the earth once again! And a lake! How convenient! "Look, mate!" "Earth! No space! Where did space go?! SPAA-"

Before either of us could say any more, we both plummeted into the lake, but quickly floated back up to the surface.

"Ahem, only android's circuits are fried in liquid, not core's."