Covering With Lies

Third Person POV:

It was nearing lunch time, and everyone was back at the camp. Except one.
Bella had been in her tent, bored to death, when she heard a noise too close to her tent.
"Damn snakes better not be there." She muttered her warning. But when she opened her tent to see what was there, she saw no one, and no snakes. What she did see was one purple flower in front of her tent. It was about the size of her hands when she cupped them together to hold it. She was now sitting up as she smelled the flower. It's fumes smelled amazing.
The name of the flower finally popped into her head.
"Crocuses" She whispered.
Her head poked up to see how it got there, when she noticed another Crocuses flower in the tree line. She got out of her tent and rushed towards the second purple flower. She now held both flowers as she continued to follow the path of flowers.

When she reached the last flower, she noticed someone hiding behind the tree in front of her.
"Hello?" She spoke with caution. The boy behind the tree turned to face her.
"Did you lay out these flowers for me?" She asked. The boy nodded his head. He had dark, short curls of hair and smooth, olive colored skin.
"What's your name?" Bella asked, knowing she recognized the Lost Boy, but she couldn't seem to remember his name.
"Oliver." He spoke. His hand reached towards her, as Bella's hand reached out for his and shook it.
"Pleasure to meet you Oliver." She breathed.

- - - - - - - - - -

Later that evening, Bella and Oliver returned to camp. Their hands intertwined. Max was the first to notice this. She knew the rules, so she rushed towards Pan's cabin. When she finally got to his porch, he was just stepping outside.
"Hey!" She smiled.
"I'm cold, can we go back in your cabin?" She asked.
"Why would you want me to come with you? Wouldn't you rather be alone?" He asked suspicious. She wasn't usually this happy to spend time with him.
"I'm in a good mood." She defended, while trying to sound cheerful. She hoped that by the time Pan came out, he wouldn't notice Bella and the Lost Boy so she could warn them of the rules: 'No relationships on the island.' She knew what Pan might do if he saw them, and she didn't want that to happen to them.
"I was just in my cabin. I'd rather be outside." Pan played, knowing something was up.
"Then would you rather go to the Lagoon?" She asked, hoping he didn't notice her nervousness.
"You want to go for a swim with me?" Pan asked with disbelief.

Max sighed. She didn't want it to come to this, but it was the first idea that came to her mind.
"I thought about what you said, about the.. Kiss." She spoke with her voice cracking a few times. She didn't want to play with any emotions, if there were any. She checked quickly behind her shoulder to see that they were cuddling on a log.

"Let's talk about this at the Lagoon." Max rushed to offer after snapping her head back to Pan. Pan's eyebrow went up, but he felt a large part of him believing her.
She grabbed his wrist and pulled it into the forest. His hand slid so they were now holding hands.
Isn't that exactly what she was trying to avoid? Pan finding out about hand holding? Now he was holding her hand... Her shoulders stiffened slightly.

"Is something wrong?" Pan smirked. He had a feeling this was a charade.
She gulped quietly to herself. He didn't notice.
"I thought you would, kill me if I told you, that I might, slightly, like you." She lied. He smirked. His doubts about her were almost all gone now.

"Oh, Max." His hand left her hand and slid to her shoulder as his other hand replaced his last one, holding Max's hand once again.
"It's okay if we brake a rule or two." He breathed into her ear. She shivered. He was such a hypocrite in her eyes. She couldn't have a relationship on the island, unless it was with him? She was not happy about that, but felt the need to keep up her act. She laughed nervously.
"I think I forgot the swim shorts I usually wear.." She tried to excuse her self. Bella probably was in bed by now. Max didn't think she could take much more of him.
"Don't worry about it. You'll do without them." He teased.
They continued walking. Max's eyes went wide. She muttered:
"Wait, he wasn't kidding?" Pan smirked wildly.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Author's Note:

Hello! I wanted to thank you all for reading this book so far, and if you wanted to find another book to read, I have a joint account with my friend, called 'DarknessTooBright'

We haven't published the story yet, but we already have the first chapter and a lot of the plot. Feel free to check it out when we publish the first chapter. Thanks again for reading!! I will try to update soon. :)