Playing Games.

Third Person POV:

The three boys watch Max glide into the eerie forest. All three thinking the same thing.
"I think I should go after her, you know, see whats wrong." Mason finally suggested after a minute of awkward silence.
"She told me that I was her best friend on the island, I think she'd rather talk to me.." Jake stated, which was true. She had felt that Jake was the closest thing she had to a friend on the island, plus she was hardly aware of his feeling for her. However if she did find out, she wouldn't want their friendship to be anything more than the way it is.
Jake had only taken a few steps when Pan finally decided to join in on their conversation. "Boys!" Pan announced, stopping the boys before they got too far. "I'm aware of the fact that you BOTH have some sort of... Feelings for Max, but there will not be ANY of that on my island, is that clear?" Pan asked them while cocking a brow.

Mason didn't say anything, just gave a disappointed look on his face before he started starring at the ground.

Jake on the other hand had an embarrassed, rosy red glow to his face as he choked out a quiet "Yes sir." And he too turned his face to the ground.

Pan smirked at their embarrassment and told then to "Run along, now." And he himself, wondered off into the eerie forest, in search of Max.

Once he reached the forest line, he blinked and appeared about a foot away from Max, as she ventured through the ominous woods.
Pan hadn't moved yet, but decided to clear his throat. The curious girl in front of him looked over her shoulder and halted mid-step. She turned around sheepishly and took note of who it was. Disappointment covered her face when she saw Pan standing there, now a few feet in front of her.

"Can I help you?" She asked, with annoyance growing in her voice.
"I thought you might be hungry, so I brought you a little snack." Pan replied innocently.
She was feeling hungry, but she didn't want to reply to Pan, so she slowly just looked away. Pan took that as a 'yes'.

All of a sudden, an apple rolled down his arm from his wrist, behind his neck, and onto his other wrist, where he popped it into the air for Max to catch. When she did, she examined it, trying to see anything that could be wrong with this plump, Macintosh apple.
"How do I know it isn't poisoned?" She asked with disbelief. With in seconds, Pan grabbed her apple and took a large chunk out of the even larger apple. He handed it back to her, and she turned it between her fingers until she could no longer see his bite makes and made a bite mark of her own.

While she ate, Pan did the same trick of rolling the apple from one arm to the next and popped it into the air for himself to catch. He took a monstrous bite out of his apple and chewed noisily.

Once Max was finished, she threw her apple core on the ground so it could turn into soil. Pan mimicked her example. She wondered off and he followed, eyeing her curiously.
"Will you EVER STOP FOLLOWING ME??" Max asked, flustered and annoyed by his need to constantly know what she's doing.

Pans smirk grew massively in size. "Why should I stop following you?" He asked, testing her creativity. She sighed.
"Because I'm going to need some ALONE time!" she yelled, obviously too frustrated to be creative with her remarks. This disappointed Pan.

"Why?" He asked, trying once again to spark up her creativity. Her anger was such a fun game for him to toy with.

She sighed, calming down a little. "What do you want me to say?" she asked knowing this was just a game to him, and she didn't want to give him the satisfaction he so badly desired.

His smirk fell, ever so slightly. "Be creative." He stated. She thought about that, making the game less interesting for Pan. She noticed his boredom and planned to mention it to him.
"Oh, but if I'm creative, that will make you want to stay rather than go. But boring you is the much simpler challenge, and eventually you'll find better things to do, instead of stalking me." This was true, but Pan had hardly thought of it that way. He smirked.

"Oh, dear Max. If only it were that simple.." He mused.
"Oh, dearest Pan," she mocked. "what ever shall I do?" Max dramatically sighed and put the back of her hand on her head for effect. She too had an interest in playing games.
He chuckled darkly.
She turned and walked away with Pan watching her in awe.
"Oh, Max!" He called to her.
She turned around to face him. "Yes?"

His wicked grin would have made the hair on any of the lost boys stand up.
"Let's play a game."