Game over.

Big Larry stomped over to the pile of swords and found a silver blade of his own and wrapped his short stubby fingers around the handle. His breathing was uneven, and his wide shoulders emphasized each dramatic breath he took. His short dark hair looked like a buzz cut, but his eyebrows were thick and furry.

"Larry is one of our newer recruits, and the only battle he lost so far... was against me. Good luck." Pan whispered in my ear from behind me. His attempt to intimidate me failed, if anything, that just made it more exhilarating.
"I guess that means we have something in common." I stated under my breath.
"Yes, but he's fought all of the other boys, where as, you haven't." He stated. I only smiled in response. Pan backed away from me and leaned against a nearby tree. The crowd still waiting for some entertainment, and I was ready for the battle.

I propped up my sword with both hands while I stood with my legs slightly bent, and shoulder width apart. "I'm ready when you are." I encouraged, excitedly.

Larry held his sword lightly in his right hand, and leaned his head near his shoulders to get a cracking noise. He grunted. Does that mean he's ready to fight? He raised his sword, I guess I can attack now.
In one fluent motion, my sword swung to his and knocked his weapon out of his hands and onto the dirt ground. The point of my blade went up to the side of where his neck should be. Game over.

"How rude Max, you should have waited 'till he was ready.." Pan interrupted. I looked at Big Larry to see if he would go along with Pans lie, but his expression was unreadable.

"Re-match. Now." Pan ordered. My sword slid away from Larry. He slumped over to his sword and retrieved it from the ground.
"And Larry, don't go easy on her this time, if she wants a challenge, a challenge she shall receive." Pan warned, and stared at me with a hint of interest and curiosity gleaming in his eyes.

Larry held a better grip on his sword, and his breathing got heavier. "After you." I encouraged, so he couldn't use that same excuse this time. Once again, he picked up his sword, but this time, I let him have the first swing. He looked fairly strong, so instead of blocking, I dodged out of the way. I then poked the tip of my sword into his side and he grunted in response.

"Max, block his attacks, don't dodge them." Pan suggested aggressively. "Last time I checked, you were supposed to be watching, not coaching." I suggested back to him as I swung my sword near Larry's ankles, in hope to trip him. Larry toppled over my sword, knocking it out of my hands, but he recovered before he had the chance to fall over. He kicked my sword away from me and placed himself in between the sword and myself. I quickly faked a run to the right and bolted to my left to veer around him and swipe my sword up from the ground.
My plan succeeded as I reached my sword and sprung to me feet. What I didn't see coming was Larry catching up to me and having the sharp blade of his sword lying on my neck. I took the risk of catching him off guard by slapping the top of his sword away from me and then spinning away from it, with my blade now prepared against his throat and my free hand holding his collar.

Once again, game over.

Pan was the first of the crowd to begin applauding. "Well done... Larry." Pan must be attempting sarcasm and failing miserably, or he's just simply confused, because I doubt I look like Larry.
"Didn't you know Max? Game ends once someone has their sword to their enemy's neck." Pan announced. My sword lowered in pure shock. I must be hearing him wrong, there is a lot of cheering going on.. Pan was still staring at me, I guess he's not kidding.

I dropped my sword and faced the silent Larry beside me. I held his wrist and raised it as high as I could. I yelled out to the cheering crowd:
"Then I believe, we have our winner."