It was there. Had been since we first met.

I was always seeking her out, hoping I'd run into her. She was always making comments that she couldn't be around me, yet never seemed to be able to stay away.

Something drew us to each-other. The pull only getting stronger and stronger with each interaction we had.

I'd never experienced anything like it before. I needed to see her. To get to know her.

And f.uck did I want to kiss her.

"Styles, glad you could join us." Carter's voice makes my head snap to the side, finding him watching me intently.

S.hit.

"Thanks for having me." I nod, holding out my hand for him to shake.

"And you remember Everly." His eyes flick towards her as she steps forward.

"Right.. Everly. You alright?" I look at her, but her gaze doesn't meet mine.

"Yes, thank you." She looks down at her feet.

"Perfect weather for a game." Carter looks up at the sky, sliding his sunglasses over his eyes.

"Yeah.. Lovely course. You play here often?"

"Not often enough." Carter looks at me, "Shall we get started?"

He doesn't wait for my response, only looking towards the clubhouse. Instantly a couple young lads emerge from it, three golf bags in tow.

My bag is set in the back of one golf cart while Everly and Carter's are set in the back of another.

I'm surprised to see just one of the lads stay outside, taking a seat behind the wheel of one the carts.

"Everly prefers to play without a caddy." Carter informs me. "If you don't mind, you can ride with Peter here. Then Everly can stay with me."

"Whichever's good with me." I shrug, taking a seat next to Peter in the second golf cart.

I watch Everly as she steps into the one ahead of us, Carter following suit.

They start to lead the way to the first hole, pulling out onto the green.

"Peter right?" I look out of the corner of my eye at the caddy.

"Ben actually." He says, sounding slightly annoyed.

"Well that... Doesn't sound a f.uck like Peter." I chuckle.

A faint smile tugs at Ben's lips, "Have caddied for him the past three years. A.sshole has called  me everything but my actual name."

"A.sshole?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"S.hit sorry. I didn't mean..."

"Am sure you did, being that's exactly what he is."

Ben laughs, glancing over at me. "You're the one who showed up on the bike aren't you?"