Chapter 38 ✔

Thought this song related to the chapter in both our situation and Scarlets.

You guys have officially made it to the end of Mated To My Brother and I want to thank you all for being so patient on rewriting this. I know the editing isn't as good as I want it to be because of the fact that I rewrote the story and didn't just edit.

Now on to the story. . .

Blood dripped from Scarlets nose for what seemed like the hundredth time. She wiped away the blood, glancing at a sleeping Xavier. Smiling softly Scarlet turned on the facet water and cleaned her hands and face.

She turned it off and dried her hands before walking back over to Xavier. Her lady parts felt sore from last night, she and Xavier had gone at it like wild animals. Fucking each other when they finished until morning came and Xavier finally fell asleep. Scarlet on the other hand couldn't seem to get any sleep.

Reaching the bed Scarlet climbed in. She looked over Xavier's features, she had to admit Xavier looked much better when he was peacefully asleep.

She stood up, walking out of his room and into Rushika's.

"Scarlet?" Rushika mumbled, she turned towards Scarlet, smiling Scarlet knelt down. "Yes?"

"What are you doing here?" Scarlet shrugged, a plan dead set in her mind. "I came in here to promise to give you a better life, to let you have fun with the kids in the pack but where I'm going will not be fun" Rushika frowned "where are you going" Scarlet looked past Rushika "it's a surprise, are you coming with me?" Rushika struggled to figure out where Scarlet was going but she couldn't see.

Rushika hadn't seen Scarlet this happy in months so instead of asking more details, she nodded "yeah, but are we coming back" Scarlet grinned "of course we well" she bent her neck to the side to show her fresh mark. "I've just been marked with Xavier and when I come back I'm going to mark him, that's a promise" standing up Scarlet kissed Rushika's head.

"I promised I'd give you a better life, a life that you will be happy to live in the morning and sad to see you have to fall asleep. I promised and I will keep my promises" Scarlet walked back to Xavier's room and crawled into bed.

She knew what she wanted to do, she knew where she needed to go and she knew that Rushika would want to help her.

With that thought in mind Scarlet fell into a peaceful, dreamless sleep.

.           .           .

"I want to leave" were the first words out of Scarlets mouth when she woke up. Xavier wasn't in bed and his side was cold leaving her to believe he was dealing with the pack. When she went out to find him she found him in his office writing away on papers revolving credit payments and whatnot.

"What?" Xavier snapped his head in Scarlets direction. "Like I said, I want to leave" Scarlet moved closer and took a seat in front of Xavier's desk. "Where?" His lips set into a thin line, Scarlet pressed her lips together nervously.

"I can't tell you, all I can say is that I will be back. I promise and I'm keeping my promise. I won't leave for more than a year Xavier, I need this" Scarlet reached out a hand to grab his, reluctantly Xavier let her take his in a firm grip "I need this Xavier and if you need something to tell you I'll come back, then me planning on marking you should be enough. I want to keep this pack safe but there is one thing I need to do" Scarlet gave him a bright smile, one that he seemed to fall for.

He hadn't seen Scarlet this way in a love time, happy.

"Why?" Scarlets smile faltered.

"There are a lot of people I let down on my way here, I've got places to rebuild and fix and I need to do this on my own. Without you, Jenna, Loam, Russell and Noah looking over my every movement. Rakesh agreed to come, too" Scarlet told the truth. She had so many places she needed to rebuild but she also wanted to visit Rakesh's hometown.

A place were sinful things happen to people who were born under the full moon. The people there experiment on Rakesh's people and Scarlet couldn't stand the thought of that. She wanted to destroy it and build a better committee.

"We just mated Scarlet, the pack will need you to become their Luna permanently" Scarlet nodded her head.

"I know I know and I will when I get back. Please Xavier, I promise I will come back I just need some time" it took another thirty minutes to convince Xavier, in that time Scarlet praised herself for not bleeding through the nose.

When Xavier agreed, Scarlet walked out and into her room. On que little droplets on blood streamed down her nose, Scarlet wiped it away. It has been happening more frequently recently and she couldn't stop it.

She knew why.

The liquid she had taken before she killed Cliona, it rejected her body and had been slowly killing her. Of course she didn't want to tell Xavier, she was going to fix herself by herself but Rakesh had a right to know.

Scarlet believed that Rushika's people knew how to heal the sick. Whether they had cancer or just a plain flue, she's heard miracle stories for them.

Scarler packed two bags, she left the rest in her room. After getting Mary to round up a car and helping Rushika pack a couple of toys the two walked downstairs to where her group was waiting.

"You seem happy" was Jenna's first words, Scarlet sighed but nodded her head.

"Then I guess we can let you go but you better come back or otherwise I'm hunting your ass down" with a chuckle Scarlet pulled Jenna into a hug. Jenna pushed Scarlets hair back to reveal her mark "your our Luna now Scarlet, you made a oath to the pack. You can't leave us even if you tried"

Scarlet went onto saying goodbye to everyone else, she stopped at Xavier.

Reaching up Scarlet cupped his cheeks. "Don't worry Xavier, I will call every day if that will I assure you I'm coming home and when I get back I will mark you as mine" Xavier cracked a smile, stepping away Scarlet held out her hand.

"Come on Mercy"

It didn't take long for them to pack into the convertible and be on their way, when they hit a lone highway Rakesh finally asked.

"Where are we going?" A stream of blood came down Scarlets nose.

"The only place that can fix me" she smiled "your home"

* * *

Author's Note:

All chapters are finished and updated! This book is COMPLETELY FINISHED in rewriting and some editing! This was the last chapter but I added a bonus called Mercy and also I might be making another chapter with the soundtrack in it!

Please Vote, Commeent and Share I love you all so much, bye!!!