Chapter 34 ✔

At times like this Scarlet wanted nothing more than to hide under her bed and read a good book to try and block out the monsters running around in her head. At times like this she wished she had her mother, no not Cliona but the one who raised her. The one so snuggled into bed with Scarlet on storming nights, telling her thunder was just a way for the world to express it's anger.

But Scarlet couldn't have it, she thought and thought and thought some more. Should she visit her parents? It was a risk she could take but didn't want to.

Looking out the frosted window Scarlet sighed, all she was good at where freezing things and at some point freezing things became boring.

Turning to a sleeping Ashley curled into a ball Scarlet frowned. She had done this without realizing. She was aware that she had stuck her hand through Ashley's chest and wrapped it around her heart. She was pissed at the moment but from then on it was like she couldn't feel herself. Yes, she was there but she couldn't control her actions.

She wanted to explain this to Xavier, get him to see the full picture but if was her fault that she was like this. She decided to seak out her 'mother' she decided to stay within any background information on the women who birthed her.

It was her fault and she had to finish what she'd started.

Going into the makeshift herbs room Scarlet grabbed a hold of the bismuth molded knife. It was made back in ancient Egypt and buried in a temple somewhere in the desert. Cliona didn't tell her much but apparently it was supposed to make her a 'god'

Taking out the right about of Abrus Precatorius, Ageratina Altissima and Atropa Belladonna Scarlet boiled it with lavender, Rosemary and green tea. When the toxin turned clear Scarlet grabbed the dagger and dipped it in.

After a couple of tries the liquid finally stuck and dried. Sitting the knife aside Scarlet wiped her hands against a towel and grabbed a bottle of self made cure. She didn't know if it'd work on her, it was originally made for Cliona if she ever were to get poisoned but Scarlet could fix it so that her body wouldn't reject it quickly.

Grabbing the Feverfew, Echinacea and Johnny-jump-up. The feverfew helped for headaches and pain but Scarlet hoped it would work as a numbing herb for any pain she'd feel from Cliona. If she could stop the pain, she could do anything. The Echinacea was a fever medicine, it would help for any bad reactions Scarlet had to the liquid going inside her body and the Johnny-jump-up is originally for skin blemishes and helping loosen up phlegm, she hopes that it opens her pores of and let's any poison Cliona decided to feed her out.

After boiling down that liquid she jarred it in a small glass viel with the rest of the herbal liquid and walked down to the kitchen with it in her back pocket. As soon as it gets cold she'd be able to drink it but that would have to wait, for now she'd have to keep Cliona distracted.

"Cl-" Scarlet stopped herself, Cliona stood dressed and ready to leave. "Where are we going?" Cliona smirked "to Frauds Field"

*               *                *

Author's Note:

I know, super short chapter that was only 600 hundred words or less but my thump has been killing me and I wanted to update something for you guys 😝

If you like this chapter please give it a vote and comment on what you think will happen next.