Chapter 28 ✔

Rushika hovered over her bed, pain wrecking through her body. She moaned softly, blood seeping from the wounds om her back. Tears escaped Rushika's eyes but she willed them to stop knowing that her words to Xavier would save Scarlet even if it meant her death in the process.

Rushika looked at the door, Cliona was checking in on her again which became annoying. If Scarlet was here she'd tend to Rushika's wounds and shoo Cliona away but she wasn't and so Rushika had to deal with the pain without soothing words from Scarlet.

"Stop whining" Cliona sighed, "I'd you'd like I can clean them and hum like Scarlet does" Cliona walked over to the connecting bathroom to take out a bowl of warm water, oitment and a rag. Rushika shook her head, fear in her eyes and pain vibrating her body. Cliona stopped at the doorway of the bathroom, small bits of sadness showing. She sighed "okay, I won't touch you" setting the bowl down Cliona walked to the door.

"I am sorry for what I did but I'm tired of people walking over me like I'm worthless. Scarlets father already suffered because of me and now I will claim what is rightfully mine and you will help me mercy" as soon as Cliona left Rushika let her sobs come out into loud cries.

* * *

She laid in a field of white roses, each petal caressing her skin in a soothing way. Her heart fluttered with unknown emotions that she didn't plan on finding out. She let my mouth take in a deep breath of crisp fresh air.

Turning her head Scarlet inhaled the scent of sweet honey-like pollen before closing her eyes. She let the feeling of warmth sink it.

But she was interrupted. The warmth she felt turned into burning pain. The sweet smell she smelt turned into burnt ashes. The once peaceful moment was ruined at the sight of black mist rolling in from the south and covering the lush green grass. Fire licked at the dry parts, turning it into dust within seconds. Her body reacted in a jerk upright, the unknown emotions she felt earlier turning painful. She heaved.

She didn't have time to run, she tried, but her limps felt like they were glued to the grass with no way to move them. So Scarlet sat their, fear in her eyes as the fire moved closer to her and soon. . .it engulfed her.

Scarlet woke up with a gasp. Large beads of sweat trailed down her forehead and to her flushed cheeks before dripping on her hospital scrubs. The heart monitor when crazy.

Xavier sat beside her rubbing her hands in a soothing way "sure, it's okay Scarlet" he soothed but it did nothing to stop her fear. Scarlet broke out into hysteric cries. Some for Samuel who she had caused to die, some for her pack who'd subcome to what's about to happen, some for Rakesh who she couldn't save and the rest for Xavier, the man she loved.

The doctors came in "Scarlet, I need you go take a deep breath. Your coming off the posion lacing your system. You'll be a drowsy for the rest of the day and hallucinations may occur. We're keeping you here over night and tomorrow morning you'll be transferred into the pack house where Doctor O'Neil will take care of you" the doctor, Mr. Marshell, held out his hands to calm scarlet down. He had sure she saw he had nothing in his hands.

"Alpha Ivanov I'm going to sadate her for the time being, can you calm her down" Xavier nodded, his arms wrapped around Scarlets waist as the doctor injected Scarlet with medicine.

Scarlet fell asleep in Xavier's arms instantly. "Alpha Ivanov can you turn Luna over on her stomach" Xavier didn't as told, the doctor began to unbutton the back of Scarlets scrubs with easy. Xavier growled. "I'm not going to touch her" the doctor held up his hands "but there is something I need to show you" once her shirt was unbutton and her back was on full display both men could see the harm given to her.

A large deep cut ran down Scarlets spine, some of it still open and bleeding. "It looks like someone decided to use our Luna as a toy. They opened her up and put some kind of metal rod down Luna's spine so that she could not move properly." The doctored tranced the line, "and if you look closely" he pitched her skin "you can see faint lash marks not even three days old but they've healed much faster than we do"

Xavier knowledged the scars but didn't want to see them. "And what does that tell us?"

"That Scarlets mother is practicing something we do no recommend when trying to control someone or get them to see your side of the story. I think it's best we lock Luna's mother up for the time being, I heard you and Luna's friends talking about the full moon. If we can keep Luna away then maybe she'll be able to tell us what's really going on and why she came back"

————————

Scarlet woke up a day later. She felt better than she had in years but pain could still be felt in her back, head, legs and arms. She groaned softly.

"Scarlet" Xavier walked in with a cup of coffee "Dr. Marshall wants to transfer you to the pack house. You'll be staying in my room for the next couple of weeks. He says you're going to be fine but the color changing in your hair and the posion they found in your system could be from anything. I'll have Mary make your food and the house guarded to ensure no one gets in our out without me knowing" Xavier took hold of Scarlets hand.

"You'll be okay"

Scarlet watched silently through the windows of Xavier's BMW as they drove closer to the pack house. Xavier turned right then left then left again before heading up a hill. "You okay?" Xavier glanced Scarlets way "Hmm huh" scarlet replied.

"Scarlet, we know your mothers making you do things. We just want to know what, Luka is taking your mother under custody but she seemed to have slipt from his grasp. Knocking him unconscious in the process, the little girl on the other hand, Rushika, is know situated in your old bedroom you had when were her age. She's the one who warned us about Cliona after all" Scarlet snapped her gaze to Xavier "Rushika?" She whispered, Xavier nodded.

"A brave girl you have, is she yours?" As much as Xavier hated asking he wanted to know. Had Scarlet gotten pregnant with Samuel's child, is that why she didn't come back or was it another mans?

"No" it was a relief to hear Scarlets confession but they still didn't know who Rushika was and who her family is. It's clear to him that Cliona is not her mother.

"But Rushika was wronged. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time and Cliona took her away from where she belongs. Now she wants all she can have"

"And what does she want?" Xavier frowned.

"Everything"

——————————————

Author's Note:

The name Rakesh has been changed to Rushika. If you guys see the name Rakesh, please notify me so that I can change it.