Chapter 14 ✔

I know the story is going super slow but it's going to speed up soon enough once Scarlet finds her parents.

I'm sorry if it's boring but I don't like it when stories are sped up because it makes everything seem rushed and cliché :-(

I've learned to take my time when editing, read over what I write and hope that others will like it. Thank you all for reading and if you've made it up to this part I applaud you.

Other than that Thank You so much and I love you all!!!

*          *          *

Scarlet backed down.

As much as it hurt her pride, she backed down so that her and Russell wouldn't get in a fight and potentially ruin their friendship.

Russell stayed in his place. His chest heaved up and down as he took deep breaths in and out. Russell's hands relaxed "i-" Scarlet cut him off.

"You have no right to judge Russell, I am trying to choose but it's hard when you've loved someone for years yet your destined with another. I am trying to figure out where I want to go from here but my main concern is finding my mother and learning about my real family. I know the pack will die off without a Luna and I know I'm going to have to choose but they've got ten years before Xavier is assigned someone to mate with and in those years I hope I have chosen. I'm holding off on mating Samuel, he wanted to do it tonight but my feelings. . ." Scarlet trailed off. "Their getting the best of me" Scarlet stood up and walked over to the door, she glanced behind her to see Russell looking at the ground in frustration.

"I know what I'm doing Russell, the question is, do you?"

*          *          *

Feeling the warmth of the sun against her skin Scarlet breathed in a breath of crisp air. Now in days breathing was all she seemed to do but when focusing on breathing it helped her worries and troubles go away. She liked having a blank mind but was never blessed with that gift, when Scarlet was younger she'd go to her tree house and just bathe in the sun.

Breathing, healing, relaxing.

It was all she seemed to do during her years of life. It kept her anger under control.

Scarlet let out the breath and turned to a sweet scottish styled café with a low ceiling, she walked in and over to the bar. After looking from the menu she ordered.

"Um. . .can I get your classic cheeseburger combo with a side of fries and coleslaw. A cup of Dr. Pepper and a slice of sweet corn bread" Scarlet ordered, the women, a late 40s redhead gave her a nod before going to the back.

Scarlet looked around the café. The name of it resembled one of a café but the inside look like an old fashion pub from Scotland, just like the rest of the town. Scarlet liked the way it looked, colored window tiles remembing a church. Old round and rectangular shape tables, large beer glasses and an old fire place. She liked it, it was peaceful and homey.

"Here ya go hon" a man, probably in his late thirties, early 40s sat a plate filled with food in front of Scarlet. The Burger was large, taking up half of the plate, the fries and cornbread took up the other half. The coleslaw sat on the side in a little bowl and her cup of soda in front of that. Scarlet thanked the man before taking a bite.

She ate half on her food before she pulled out a drawing of her mother and sat it on the bar. The man noticed immediately "so. . .what are ya doin' here" Scarlet broke away from her thoughts and looked him over. "On vacation" she lied, humans were all to noisy in her opinion.

"Really" the man frowned, his eyes wondered from the picture and back to her. "Ya sure?" Scarlet nodded, her shoulders tense "because it looks like your looking for that women" he tapped on the bar setting down the glass he was cleaning. "No" Scarlet shook her head.

"Well" the man started "if your looking for the women Noah can help you. I can only remember bits and pieces of her but I knew she was the life of the party when she stayed in our town" Scarlet perked up, her ears taking in his information "you know her?" The man nodded.

"Only a little, I know she loved to dance at night and that she'd help waitress during the busy summer. She stayed for a couple of months eighteen years ago with only the clothes on her back and we welcomed her with open arms. Noah over there knew her more, worked by her side every night" the man pointed to another man with dark brown hair. "He was eighteen at the time and she took him under her wing. Cleaned him up and kept him off the street, she even taught her how to paint" the man gushed.

"But at times her smile would fade and she'd look to the side with a longing expression. We all knew she missed something but she never told us, sometimes she'd talk about her baby girl though, and we all assumed it was the girl she missed" Scarlet turned away from the man, so her mother missed her? She asked herself.

That meant her mother didn't want to give her up, though Scarlet already assumed that from the little vision she got.

"Where is Noah?" The man pointed to the back "in the pantry stalking up fresh oysters we can go back there if you want to" Scarlet didn't need to be told twice, she let her feet carry her to the back where a tall and muscular man stood.

"Noah?" Scarlet questioned, Noah turned at the sound of his name. His eyes widened at the slightest before they returned to normal again "yes ma'am?" He answered, Scarlet cleared her throat.

"Um. . .I heard from the guy out that that eighteen years ago you witnessed and befriended a women looking similar to this" Scarlet held out a picture "I know this is a long shot but I'd like to ask you questions about her. Such as if you know where she went?" The man, Noah, gave a curt nod and set the box of oysters and seafood down.

"Freddy" he cursed, "yes of course" Noah dusted his hands off "come with me" they walked to a table in the back on the pub and from their own Scarlet asked simple questions. Some where what her favorite food, color and clothing were and others were of his memories, how she laughed and what things she taught him. By the end of it Scarlet couldn't help but feel more connected.

"So. . .are you her daughter" the question caught Scarlet off guard, her daughter? Was she her daughter, yes, but only biologically not mentally or physically. "Yes" Scarlet admitted shamefully "but I'm trying to find her, even though there's an eighteen year difference I believe she went north and settled in one of the towns or cities closer to the united states" Noah whistled "united states?" He hummed "thats pretty far" she nodded "I know"

Noah stood up along with Scarlet "well I hope you find her and if your planning on staying the night I can get you some pretty good deals on our food" Scarlet gave him a handshake and a smile before leaving.