Chapter 4 ✔

Just a fair warning for you guys, there is a big time skip in this book that goes along with the plot. I know I get annoyed when an author doesn't warn me ahead of time so, here's your warning!

*

His erection stood proud and tall, hovering over my entrance. I moaned softly thrusting my hips closer. "No" he whispered "slowly."

* * * *

I woke up in a panting mess, my heartbeat faster than average, sweat covered me and my bed sheets. I groaned to myself. Another wet dream but instead of it being with Samuel it was with Xavier.

I stood up peeling off my soaked clothes. Throwing them to the side I walked towards my bathroom suit and showered quickly. I had two hours before me and my team headed down to sign in, that meant I had to dress, pack and eat within limited time.

The cold shower did me some good but not enough to dim the aching in my core. I ignored the stings for now, all in due time will I be with Samuel. Not Xavier, Samuel. But my brain wouldn't listen, it never did.

I packed in record time. Powerfood, water and lightweight clothing should keep me sane for the next couple of weeks. "Scarlet!" A bang came from my door, opening it I saw an out of breath Jenna. "Why are you out of breath?" I asked turning to my bag, Jenna walked in "because, Samuel's looking for you and Xavier knows it" I shrugged taking in deep breaths to ignore my heartbeat increase. "And I should care. . .why?"

"Because!" Jenna exclaimed standing up from her seat "Xavier's going to kill Samuel! And I for one don't want to see a friend slaughter" I chuckled softly "he's not dying, don't get your panties in a twist" turning to Jenna I gave her a smile. "Did you get packed" Jenna nodded "I did so yesterday night, after you went to your room and Xavier left in a hurry"

Jenna, my best friend, we met in fifth grade middle school at lunch. I was sitting alone and Jenna befriended me, we got along instantly. I taught her everything I knew about fighting and she thought me everything I needed to know in the classes I was failing. For the next three years we trained each other, she trained me in school and I trained her in fighting. Father allowed it because she was the only friend to befriend me in middle school. The rest followed along.

He told her I was a smart kid, just had a hard time learning sometimes. That I needed to get my head out of the gutters with a tutor to help me he was sure I'd pass. Those were much simpler times. Those were times I knew nothing of my adoption but I always had a feeling, me and father never looked alike. Nor me and mother. They both had dirty blonde hair, I had dark chestnut brown. The only one who looked close to me was Xavier but even he didn't look like mother and father.

He had pitch black hair with black orbs as eyes. So dark that you could see your reflection in them, it was unnatural.

"Why did he leave in a hurry" before Jenna could answer someone knocked on my door "Scarlet?" Came my fathers voice "scarlet please let me in" Jenna looked to me thenthe door. "Should I hear him out?" I mouthed to her, Jenna shrugged "if I were you I'd like to figure out the real story of why I was adopted and who left me behind" she mouthed back. I huffed.

"Come on Scarlet, I know your in there and I know Xavier told you the truth last night. About how he was your mate and your. . .adoption" I motioned towards Jenna to go through the bathroom doors. "Wait there" Jenna immediately walked in and shut the door quietly behind her.

I unlocked and opened my door.

My father came barging in. He, my Alpha and father stood in all of his 6'11 foot glory. Golden blonde hair with hints of silver and brown, pearly blue eyes with white pupils, full lips and a muscular built. He reminded me of Xavier except Xavier was a much darker version of him.

"Scarlet, sweetheart" he held out his hand to caress my cheek, I stepped back. "I've waited sixteen years of my life for you to tell me the truth, sixteen years dad and you guys told me nothing. You new I was not your child and yet you treated me as though I was. I appreciate that but sometimes holding the truth in isn't such a good idea. They always come back to bite you in the ass."

His hands clenched into fist, his wolf surfacing. I loved father's wolf, we'd always go piggy back riding through the woods the weekend after my birthday when I couldn't shift or was learning how to. He'd take me deep into the forest and teach me how to shift and how to control it, by my thirteenth birthday I was able to fully shift without problem.

"Darling" his wolf purred "we didn't want you to know. Me and your mother didn't want you to think less of us because you weren't blood related" I shook my head.

"You banned the pack from ever knowing I was adopted, you told them that if I were to find out and confront you about it before you told me that you'd kill them. Dad, where did I come from? Was yesterday my real birthday? Why am I here and why didn't my family want me" my father looked to the side, sadness layering his eyes.

"I honestly don't know sweetheart, all I know is that you were delivered to our doorstep, today eighteen years ago and that Mary found you. At first, she took care of you because Xavier was just learning how to shift and control himself but when Xavier got a whiff of you he wouldn't let you leave his sight. Same goes for your mother, they both wanted you to be apart of this family since the day they saw you, two months after you arrived. The pack knew about the unique situation but spoke nothing of it and when I adopted you as my own, I set strict rules revolving your identify" taking a seat on my bed I sighed heavily.

Mary found me and two months later Xavier caught a whiff of me. Father practically had no choice but to adopt me, Xavier wouldn't leave me alone and mother seemed to be just as persistent.

"When you arrived at the doorstep you were in a little basket with that necklace tied around your neck" I twirled the thin silver chain around. Normally werewolves would be affected by silver but I wasn't. "You came with a blanket and a note too, the note smelt of a women but she was unfamiliar and her scent had faded away to much for us to track it. It said keep her safe, I only trust you and we did so. We kept you a secret from other packs." I turned to face him "and the necklace?"

"The necklace," he mumbled under his breath, "that thing wouldn't come off you for shit, we tried but we got burned" he held out his hand. "Mary realized you we're the only one not burned or affected by the silver, you were perfectly asleep the whole time." My eyes wondered over my room, all memories coming back to me like yesterday. Laughter and sleepovers, kisses and holidays. It all came back in a blur, reality had finally set in.

The memories that I've tried so hard to hold onto finally let themselves free, I was never really apart of my alpha's family and my real family was still out there.

Author's Note:

Chapter 4 finally done!

If there are any mistakes please notify me.

Please Vote, Comment and Share