Chapter 30 ✔

"Did you two ever fuck in his bed?"

"Yes" she crooked out.

"Humm" Scarlet shook her head "such a shame, he told me differently" twisting the blue crystal between her fingers Scarlet watched blood drip from it.

"And you slept in his bed with his shirts on after it, didn't you" Ashley nodded.

Standing up Scarlet sighed, "stay here darling I've got business to take care of" Scarlet disappeared through Ashley's front door and into the cold night. She walked for hours on end until she got to where they use to hold criminal or juvenile wolves. It wasn't a police prison but it still did the job.

An underground bunker with hundreds of cells for different purposes. Some are used to store extra food and medicine, other are set up with bunk beds just in case their pack is attack and the rest of the cells are set up for all to be tortured for information. She knew Cliona would be down here.

Without consciousness of what she was doing Scarlet told the guards to leave for the next hour and let her deal with Cliona. It took some convincing but the collar still around Scarlets neck begged them to follow her words.

She walked inside.

*           *            *

"So Rushika is just a pawn in Cliona's game?" Jenna stated confused, Xavier rubbed his temples, a headache coming on. "I think but I honestly don't know. From what Scarlet told me and I obtained from Rushika I think she was innocent but the witchcraft books we found in Scarlets house begs a differ. It seems like Cliona wanted to do a ritual. Seven bodies, one child. It was written in Latin but what we do know is that five of our people - including Samuel - have either gone missing or died from causes unknown" Liam stepped in.

"And this was all after Scarlet and Cliona arrived" Xavier nodded "that's why Scarlet wanted to mate be so badly. She needed seven deaths, one child, a supernatural who can mold witchcraft and a couple to mate and bare a baby at the same time. I believe Scarlet didn't want to do this and Jenna does too. I could see it in her eyes when she woke up in the hospital and again in the car on the way back and when I was in my room with her a couple of seconds ago. She looked vulnerable."

"You're telling me Scarlet is participating in a ritual and she's agreeing to" Xavier shook his head.

"I don't think she had a choice. Posion was found in her system and god knows what else Cliona did to her to keep Scarlet by her side" just as Xavier finished his sentence his phone rang.

"Alpha Ivanov" he answered "what?" Xavier uttered in shock "she's. . .gone?" The man on the other line confirmed Xavier's thoughts. "Who let her out" the answer he heard next was not what he expected.

Xavier hung up, his hands shaking "what happened?" Russell pushed off the wall. "Scarlet. . .she let Cliona go"

"What?" Xavier nodded "their gone" Jenna stood up, anger fueling her actions "then we'll have to find them, Rushika has to know where they went" all four of them stood up and headed out the door. They ran up two flights of stairs until they reached the familiar halls Scarlet use to sleep in. This was her chambers and when she left no one dared to visit them.

Dust covered the ground in a thin layer, outlining their footsteps.

"Rushika" Xavier knocked on her door, a light blue door with white stars covering it. "Yes?" The little girl sat in front of Scarlets old toys, she looked surprised to see so many. "We've got word that Scarlet let Cliona free, do you know where they went?" Rushika stood up dusting off her dress in the process.

"Yes, to the temple not to far from here. That's were Cliona wanted to hold the ritual, which I'm sure you know about already" Xavier nodded turning to leave "wait!" He turned back to the girl "do you know what these things are?" Xavier frowned looking at the toys Rushika pointed to.

"Toys, why?" Rushika shook her head, her mind poundering over the word. Toys, it was something she hadn't seen in the many books she read. She was unfamiliar with it.

"Do you not know what a toy is?" Rushika blushed sheeply, she didn't want to admit it but Xavier was right. She didn't know what a toy was.

Xavier walked over to the Barbie doll, he smiled and held it out to Rushika. "This is called a Barbie doll, it was Scarlets favorite toy when she was little. She'd often spend hours on end with her and even slept with her hidden underneath the sheets so that my mother wouldn't see. Honestly I never got why girls liked it, all you do is make up voices and ask like she's a real person but I guess everyone needs an imaginary friend" Rushika took the toy.

"Imaginary friend?" Xavier nodded.

"Yep, someone you can consult in and talk to without worries that they'll leave you or tell other people. I had one, Scarlet had one and you should to" Taking a step towards the door Xavier smiled at Rushika "keep playing and tell me what you think about it when I'm back, I'm sure your worried about Scarlet"

Xavier opened the door where the rest of the group stood but stopped and looked at Rushika when she called for him.

"Oh and Xavier" he hummed in reply "if Scarlet went to Cliona she didn't do it on her own. Something must have triggered the rest of the posion in her blood" Xavier frowned "I thought it was gone" Rushika shook her head, she looked at the toy in her hands.

"No, Cliona had her own posion no one could detect. It takes the death of Cliona to set Scarlet free but I'm afraid she'll need some help with killing Cliona. Right now she's not in control of her body and she doesn't want to do what's about to happen so please, don't hurt her"

*          *          *

"You came back for me Scarlet" Scarlet smiled leaning into Cliona's touch.

"I always will momma" Cliona grinned pulling Scarlet closer "so where are we going daughter?" Scarlet pointed in the direction "I got us a nice house far enough away from the Xavier but close enough to the temple, we'll stay there for the time being" Scarlet stopped in front of a cabin like house were Ashley slept. She opened the doors to see Ashley's sleeping body on the ground.

Smiling at the collared girl she stepped over her body and headed towards the back rooms. "Get cleaned and sleep, I'll cook us some food"

*           *           *

Author's Note:

What do you guys think? Do you like Scarlets bad side or does it sound a little to forced and cliché?

I tried to make it less cliché but when writing these scenes they end up being more cliché then when they play out in my head 😛

Vote, comment and Share!