Chapter 20 ✔

"I have a preposition for you" as soon as Cliona walked through the doors words fell from her mouth on instinct.

"What is it?" Scarlet turned to her, Cliona walked in front of her desk and leaned back. "I've missed so many years of your birth, I've not gotten any time to explain to you about your heritage and I'd like to get to know you better, so, I was thinking" Cliona paused, she hummed softly before continuing.

"That you could stay with me for a little while, if you want of course. But I'd like to teach you all there is to know about your family and what your abilities are about. If you just give me a month or two of your time, I think you'll like it here" Scarlet thought over it. Could see really stay a month and learn about her family, her real family? She knew she wanted to learn about her abilities and how to control them without a doubt but staying her for her mother, could she do that?

"You do-" Scarlet cut Cliona off, "I've been waiting for this moment my whole life. With a picture perfect memory trying to erase your life long dream is harder than people expect. Your offering me a month to learn who I really am and what my heritage is about without thinking of myself as a monster. I honestly wouldn't agree if I'd found you two weeks ago but with everything that's happening and changing in my life, I'd like to take a break. So yes, I'd like to stay with you for the next two months and let you teach me all there is I need to know" Scarlet catched her breath.

"But I will not guarantee that we will become close in those months. I cannot give you the family you once wanted. I've got a family already and although I'm not really theirs, I do love them. And I wouldn't trade them in for the world" Scarlet stood up, almost reaching Cliona's height.

"I have not many clothes or personal belongings with me and my apartment is in Massachusetts but if you make up a schedule for me to come down here on the weekend or whenever you are free then I'd like that. Before then, though, I need to tell my friends I won't be coming back" Cliona read Scarlets expression. She knew Scarlet didn't want to leave her friends but she also didn't want to go back with them and with Scarlet staying with her, she'd get the time she needed away from them.

Cliona nodded stepping aside. With another deep breath Scarlet walked past her, out the door and to her friends. She got straight to the point in a slightly bitter tone.

"You need to leave" they looked up astonished "what?" Jenna questioned, Scarlet looked at the wall behind her. "I want you all to leave, thank you for following me and caring enough to worry but I'm fine here" Xavier stood up "when will you be home" Scarlet shrugged "I might already be home" she motioned around her, the apartment was expensive and almost everything was a shade of white.

Samuel stood up with Russell following behind him "I'm sorry for what I said Scarlet" Russell started "we didn't mean to challenge you but you can't honestly be serious on staying here! You don't know the women for crying out loud!" Samuel exclaimed, he took a step forward and held out his hand.

"Come back to me baby, I'll make it up to you" but Scarlet only took a step back and let Xavier's growl be Samuel's warning.

"No! I don't want to go back not now at least but what I want is for you all to leave! I don't want to hear your whining, see your faces or deal with your problems I've been babying you all since we first met and I'm tired of it! I'm mentally and physically worn out" Slowly but surely they shut their mouths. Known of them knew what to say in answer to her statement. She was right, they came to her with all of their problems and never once asked her how her day was going.

It was when she stated she wanted to go on the hunt to find her mother that they finally saw the stress she was in. This past month was the only time they actually asked her if she was okay, if she needed something and followed her but they had to admit they only did it for the high roles they'd get when she created her own pack.

They walked out reluctantly with guilt, regret and pain pouring from them. Xavier stayed behind. "Are you sure about this Scarlet?" Scarlet nodded her head, she needed to learn how to control herself before she came back to him. He and the rest of her family had yet to know the abilities she weild.

Xavier closed the space between them "stay safe" Scarlet raised her hand to touch his cheek "why weren't you there?" She whispered softly, her eyes set on him lips. She thought about the morning he'd disappeared "I didn't want to cause you anymore pain then you were in already" Scarlet shook her head, her hair falling over her shoulders.

"It wasn't you who brought me pain, only happiness I couldn't realize until now" reaching up Scarlet kissed Xavier's lips softly.

"Goodbye"

*         *         *

Author's Note:

Short chapter, I know, I thought this would be a good place to stop at.

If you have not read my other Author's Notes, I advice you to read them. I know I don't like reading them but on the days I do I normally save my self the trouble from being confused.

If you do not see a check mark then the chapter is not edited and rewritten.

That means it is apart of the old book.