Chapter 3 ✔

Jay Ryan as Xavier

I made it back to the party in time for my fathers final speach. Liam and the rest of my group waited for me patiently.

"Where the hell have you been!?" Jenna practically yelled at me. I groaned mentally, I knew she, of all people, would end up grilling me. "In the woods now keep your voice down" I took her arm, willing her to quiet down. Some pack members glanced our way but ended up going back to their conversations. "Please keep it down" I pleaded pulling her towards the drink tables.

Jenna pulled my hand to her nose and sniffed "arousal!" She hissed "you reek of arousal" I sighed softly taking a red solo cup full of beer. I sipped lightly "why do you smell like another man! Samuel will be pissed when he finds out!" I rolled my eyes, ignoring her clear judgement. "It's my brothers" I mumbled into my cup "what?" Jenna moved closer, "it's my brothers arousal you smell on me. He's my mate" Jenna's eyes cleared of all judgement.

"A-are you sure?" She stuttered to herself, I nodded gently "how?" But she knew the answer, she was the one to help me with my accusations of being adopted in the first place. "I'm not his blood sister and I guess the goddess thought it would be funny to put him as my mate"

"And what did you do" my eyes drifted to the ground. "The only thing I could do, reject him" but we both knew it wouldn't work, an Alpha cannot reject it's mate nor can the mate reject him. No ones ever been able to do it, no one. "The effects will where off sooner or later but that will by me enough time to get The Hunt started and leave with Samuel to mate" Jenna took my hand in hers, her eyes big with fear of the unknown.

"You shouldn't be doing this Scarlet, you know you shouldn't mate with Samuel after finding your mate. An Alpha Mate. Especially Xavier, he'll kill Samuel within seconds" I shook my head letting my drink fall next to me "he won't, he's known I was his mate since he turned sixteen. He won't hurt someone I love" but I was wrong, boy was I wrong.

"May I have ever ones attention!" My fathers voice coaxed me closer to the stage "I have some very important announcements to make" he waved a male up on stage, who walked on startled me. "My dearest son and first born, Xavier, has agreed to assest in The Hunt" and so the nightmare began, Jenna's grip on my hands tightned to an almost painful state. I thought over the last words he said to me after the rejection.

"You know I'm your mate. You felt it every time I came around yet you choose to ignore it. I was yours, I still am yours. I will always be their to pick up the pieces of your broken heart whether I created it or another, I just hope you'd give me a chance like you gave others" my old brother was coming back, I could tell from his words but instead of hearing him out, I walked away. I walked away.

My father went on and on and on about Xavier, of his accomplishments and his work in other packs over the years but I couldn't seem to take my eyes off of him and he couldn't take his eyes off of me.

I will always be your Scarlet, as you will always be mine.

I could hear his words drifting into my ear, whispering sweet nothings as he pounded in my from behind. His claws dug deep into my skin, grunts of pleasure and pain mixing with the smell of arousal.

I shifted in my spot, blinking a way the images in the process.

You know you want me, Kitten

My eyes snapped to his, half of his face was cover by a hood, the other half I could see clearly. He didn't want anyone to see him, not the way I had.

Come to my house tonight, I'll show you everything you've missed.

Squeezing my eyes shut I blocked out his words, the words that seemed to taunt me and create images I should only fantasize about with Samuel.

Turning to the house I walked inside and up to my room, quickly I shut and lock the doors. I breathed in and out leaning against my bedroom door, a knock came from the outside. "Scarlet?" My father's voice sounded "Scarlet please open the doors, let me explain. Let me tell you directly" but I couldn't open the door. Not because of him, not because of my mother or me being adopted but because of him, Xavier.

So I let my father continue to knock, try the knob and be unsuccessful each time. I let him continue to try and explain his half of the story when I already knew most of it, my family didn't want me. He found me and took me in but as the years past by and I waited for him to tell me the truth a small percentage of hatred grew stronger.

He didn't tell me. Mother didn't tell me. Xavier didn't tell me.

And now I find out I'm his mate. The one destined to rule this pack, don't get me wrong, I want to but I wanted to earn it. I wanted to be better than Xavier.