Chapter 21 ✔

Five Years Later. . . .

The roar of thunder did nothing to startle Scarlet. Her eyes gazed lazily out the window in attempt to grab her mind off of her current thoughts and on what she came her to do.

"We're almost there" Cliona called out from the passenger seat, Scarlet glanced her way with a grim expression. She didn't care at this point, spending so many years away from her home had been the best years of her life. She got to explore the outside world but now, after years of silence, she was heading back to save what she didn't want to save. Her pack.

"You okay?" Asked Cliona, Scarlet grunted in response. Nerves built up in her stomach, she let her eyes run over the scenery again before going to the rear view mirror and to the little girl sitting in the back looking out into the endless amount of trees. Scarlet bet she was astonished to see so many trees in one spot.

The little girl placed her hand to the window, frost forming around it. The girl giggled and looked Scarlet's way. Scarlet smiled. Turning back to the window Scarlet tried to calm herself but couldn't seem to when the smell of her old home got closer and closer, stronger and stronger.

"Ten minutes until we arrive" Cliona tilted her GPS closer to her eyesight before nodding at the directions and turning right. She followed the rest of the GPS' directions.

With a frown Scarlet looked at the dark grey clouds rolling in, a bad storm would happen tonight and as if on cue small dewdrops appeared on her window, each on rolling down and connecting to one another. Scarlet focused on a large raindrop, she watched it struggle to roll down the window without separating. Scarlet froze it.

"You know what you have to do Scarlet, don't you?" scarlet nodded solemnly, she didn't want to be she had to. For her.

"Yes" Scarlet replied "and what is that?" Scarlet recited what had been recited to her millions of times before  the car fell silent.

"Five minutes" Scarlet watched her hands trail down her semi cold window before making small frost dots on the larger raindrops. It didn't take long for them to enter her old packs territory with easy, shifts were switching which normally took three minutes of less. Enough time for anyone to slip in if they knew the right way except Scarlet didn't care about using the right way, they went in through the front.

"Two minutes" Scarlet sat up, she let her eyes run over the almost non familiar front. The once clean dirt road now had tall grass growing from in, the fields that use to be on both sides now had trees accompanying it. As they grew closer and closer to the town the less and less they saw of building that use to line the roads. Instead more trees stood in it's place, Scarlet thought softly This place is a ghost town, but never spoke it out loud. What had happen to make everyone pack up and leave this area of their territory.

What made them stop caring.

Scarlet knew she had two years left to mate with Xavier and keep the past steady, maybe they are going crazed early, she hummed but it didn't sit well with her. A pack takes seven years without a Luna after their Alpha finds her before they start going craze. Little by little more fights will break out and soon enough each one will start killing each other.

The car stopped. Reaching out Scarlet pushed on the door handle and stepped out onto the gravel road, they were at the house dedicated to her. Years before she left Scarlet had her pack members build a two story Victorian styled house completed with a large basement, attic and a backyard.

Scarlet flipped the pair of keys between her fingers. Dirt and leaves covered the front porch as she walked past it and towards the door. Multicolored glass greeted her, she unlocked and stepped into the short hallway. On the right of her stood a kitchen, to the left stood a living room and behind the leaving room stood a study. Walking down the hall you'll be greeted with staircases that went to the second floor, two halls stood at the top of the stairs.

To the left held four bedrooms completed with two baths. On the right stood three doors. One of them lead to the master, the second lead to a smaller bedroom and the last lead to a bathroom connected to the small bedroom. The master had a full suit bathroom clad in a large jacuzzi bathtub, a shower fit for three, a double sink.

Scarlet walked over to the masters, she opened the door and gazed inside. A king size bed with sheer curtains surrounding it the wooden bed post holding it up. Three dressers. Two of them being her bedside drawers. In front of the bed stood a small fireplace and hanging on top was a large flat screen, across the room stood six almost floor length windows that overlooked the pack house and the rest of the spreed out houses.

Scarlet walked over. The windows reached just an inch above and below the ceiling and ground with no shades nor curtains.

Just as Scarlet reached the windows she saw a shadow move through the pack house with grace. It looked to have been standing there, looking at her house. Cliona knocked on the door softly before coming in, she looked at the pack house silently.

To any human their pack house looked like a medieval castle on top on a hill with a village below but they knew different.

Cliona turned to Scarlet, her hands brushed a strand of Scarlets hair away from her ear. "You are mine darling, remember that" Scarlets eyes flickered before they shut completely. Cliona held her close.

*       *        *

Author's Note:

What do you guys think about the chapter?

Are you surprised Scarlet stayed with her mother for five years?  And who do you think the little girl is?

Scarlet daughter? Cliona's daughter?

Leave a comment, I'd like to hear your opinions!