We all do

SOTD: ALL I WANT BY KODALINE 

~

Naturally, I hated hot car rides; I mean, who didn't?

But you know what I hated more? Hot car rides accompanied by wailing women in labour and scared to death man boys.

"Keep your eyes on the road, Ethan!" I shouted for the billionth time as I caught his hazel eyes looking over the backseat yet again, "Don't worry, she'll be okay"

Ethan let out a bark, "Says the girl who didn't even know Trish was in labour! I thought all girls knew the warning signs, yet you didn't...I don't think your a girl"

"She shouldn't be going into labour!" I rolled my eyes and continued stroking Trish's long hair whilst, simultaneously, redialing Seth's phone number yet again, "Trish don't worry, I'll keep trying to get him, you just need to breath okay love?"

Her short bursts of air came quickly as she struggled to speak, "An..An...An...who...whoo"

"What?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and Ethan was quick to speak, "I think she's saying Andrew"

"No she isn't" I snapped gritting my jaw as Trish grabbed onto my wrist and shook it wildly nodding her head, "you want me to call Andrew?"

"She wants you to call Andrew" Ethan murmured solidifying my worst fear.

Great.

~

Watching your friend get dragged away in one of those hospital issued wheel chairs, while she screamed bloody murder, as you stood around staring helplessly was one of the scariest things on the planet.

"You should go in with her" Ethan whispered nudging me as a short nurse came around to Trish's side and began speaking to her in low tones, "you're the woman"

"I thought you said I wasn't a girl"

Ethan gave me a glare as another nurse approached us, "Are you her brother?"

"Pardon?" Ethan murmured.

The nurse gave a small smile, "She keeps saying the same names over again; Seth, Andrew, Talia and I figured you couldn't be Talia"

"I'm actually none of those people" Ethan stammered, "but...uhm, I can call one of those people"

The nurse, who had an air of maturity to her, smiled, "you have nothing to be afraid of, love, the baby isn't here yet and your friend will be fine. In the meantime, I suggest you try calling one of those names I mentioned before you witness what real horror looks like"

Ethan quickly nodded and practically ran away with his phone in hand, no doubt to call one of those people.

I stayed behind and stared at my phone for a long moment before the greater good won and I dialled Andrews number, "You have to come here"

"Harper I~"

I hardly allowed myself to register his sexy sleep voice and I gritted my jaw, "No you have to come here. Here as in County hospital"

"Are you okay?" Instantly, the sleep was wiped from his voice and the Andrew I knew and loved was back, "what happened"

"Not me" I sighed, "Trish"

"Trish?"

I nodded as if that helped with anything, "the baby is coming"

"Holy sh~" I heard a loud rustling and Andrew cursed, "I'll be there in five minutes"