Father Barnaby, Honey Crueller's, and Stupid American's

SOTD: ME BY THE 1975

ALSO, LONGER CHAPTER BECAUSE I WASNT ABLE TO UPDATE YESTERDAY, I SUCK.

PS., I TURNED 19 ON SATURDAY (WHICH IS THE 'LEGAL' AGE TO DRINK IN CANADA AND I GOT PISS FACE DRUNK...NOW, THAT IS ALL)

HARPER

"No he didn't"

I rolled my eyes at the way Jude's big blue eyes widened at my words. The three of us, including Sean, were all strewn at odd angles across Sean's guest bedroom floor and, after much coaxing, I was trying my best to help the two of them understand what was going on with Andrew and I.

It felt odd to be relaying these events to my younger brother, who biology told me was really my cousin, and the guy I had slept with less than a year ago, in order to spite my, then, not boyfriend Andrew...why did my life have to be so complicated.

"Why would I lie?" I snapped laying back against the carpeted floor and twirling a piece of auburn hair around my finger. The moment we got back from the Skatepark, Jude had directed me towards what he called 'Heaven on Earth in the form of pillows and blankets' and, after three rounds of rock paper scissors, we decided we would have to share the bed. There was no way I would give it up especially after feeling the smooth duvet against my shin...it was magical.

The room was quiet for what felt like a million years before Sean cleared his throat, "So Andrew hired someone to tail you in order to figure out what? What was his ammo?"

I furrowed my eyebrows as he sighed, "Was he jealous at the fact that we were going around together or genuinely concerned?"

"Jealous of you and Harp?" Jude rolled his eyes, "It doesn't take a blind man to see that you guys are completely incompatible. I mean, you've both got daddy issues, you've both got interpersonal issues with authority, and have long histories of teenage deviance...you're way too similar to ever take each other seriously"

"I beg your pardon?" I gasped, making a face at what Jude believed to be a spot on comparison, "I'm nothing like Sean; he's a douchebag"

Sean only shrugged at my words and Jude let out a dry laugh, "We both know that isn't true...Would a douche get out of his bed at three in the morning to help some girl?"

"He helped me because I'm your sister" I murmured as Sean grunted, "I was trying to get laid"

I resisted the urge to punch his arm and Jude started doing this weird thing where he giggled and clapped, all while keeping a stoic expression. I didn't understand how it was possible but I decided to keep that to myself.

"Sean is literally one of the most genuinly nice guys I've ever met. I've witnessed him give a homeless guy the jacket off his back in the dead of New York winter, when we were down there for winter break, and act like he had hardly done something incredibly by saying something douchey to offset it" Jude said giving me a hard look, "Kind of like how you act like a total bitch to people sometimes but will be the first person to hold the door open for someone and the last one to enter through that door, after making sure everyones gone in"

I sat up straight at Jude's words, "So what, we're douche's and bitches? Thanks, much obliged"

"Well, yeah" Jude nodded after mulling over my heads, "But...you're douches and bitches because you want everyone to think that your douches and bitches. Neither of you are actually either of those things"

"Says the guy who refuses to call his father, who has no knowledge that he's his father" Sean grunted.

I set my jaw, "Exactly. Why don't you call Jeffrey and have a sit down conversation before you call us out on anything"