Full Circle

SOTD: WALK AWAY BY LANY (LISTEN TO IT ONE TIME THROUGH BEFORE READING THIS CHAPTER; IT PUTS YOU IN SUCH A MELODIC TRANCE...HATED IT THE FIRST TIME, NOW IM OBSESSED)

HARPER

"Are you sure you want to do this tonight, Harper? Maybe you should let it~"

"I'm not going to let this marinate!" I snapped throwing Andrew's gentle arm off my shoulder as I got off Ethan's bed.

Chandler had called me when I was halfway to my house, in a panic, telling me I had to get back as quickly as possible. A part of me wanted to hang up on him so I could go cry in peace but there was an urgency and desperation in his voice that shook me. I had thrown their front door open in a flurry and sat mute as Ethan explained everything to me.

In an instant, I knew what I had to do.

Andrew nodded quietly and I looked to Sean, "I would want to know if Jude ever found something like this out about me"

"Are you ready for what it's going to do, though, Harper?" Sean grunted taking a step back and running a hand through his slightly wavy hair, "Because he'll hate us for keeping it from him...He'll hate me for not telling him the moment I knew something was up...He'll hate you for betraying his feelings"

My jaw trembled and I felt a slow tear trickle down my cheek, "I know"

Andrew's strong arms tentatively wrapped around me as the tears flooded my face. Every bone in my body wanted to push him off but I was too exhausted and it seemed like I was walking Jell-o.

"If you're ready so am I" Sean murmured taking his phone out of his pocket.

But I had lied...because I wasn't ready.

I wasn't ready to have one of the most imprtant people in my life look at me and see somebody they hated; I wasn't ready to be the reason somebodys heart broke...

I wasn't ready.

~

The drive to Jude's house was eerily quiet.

It made me feel oddly nostalgic of last summer when the five of us, minus Sean add Seth, had come to this very house to find my fate. And here we were, delivering somebody else's.

Andrew parked his car right where he had the last time and I settled for staring at the large white house. I had never seen it at night and, while it was slightly underwhelming during the day, it was a sight at night. All the downstairs lights were on, as well as the yard lights, and it cast a hazy glowing halo all across the house.

"Jude's home" Sean murmured, voice catching as he looked to the driveway where, surely enough, Jude's car was present, "he texted me earlier"

"We have to, Sean"

Sean only looked away from me and placed his head against the backseat, "And that's what I hate the most"

Andrew was the first one to open his door, Chandler next, and I followed suit with Ethan. Sean brought up the rear end and as if thinking the same thing, we both looked up to where all of this had started; Jude's bedroom.

"C'mon" Sean whispered, placing a hand on the small of my back before dropping it to hold my hand. I watched as Andrew's bright eyes flashed but I gave him the smallest shake of my head.

Sean's gesture wasn't out of romance or to make Andrew jealous, he was nervous and, for some reason, he found solace in the act. I wasn't about to tell him off especially when his warm hand put my racing heart at ease.

I let Chandler walk ahead of us and felt my heart jump as he loudly knocked on the front door.

One. Two. Three.