BloodLust- The Dark Arts Chronicles (Prologue)

BLOODLUST

 PROLOGUE

     Heart pounding, palms sweating, she held onto him. What had she done? What was she thinking? Yearning to forget, she held on tightly to his jacket, eager to get rid of the guilt, anguish and eager to hide from those that were seeking her.

     She was the hunted. They -the elders- were hunting her down to justify the crime she had committed and she ran to the only person she could trust. She was in the forest now, with the person she loved and trusted. Far away a search party was taking place for her. The elders desired to steal her memories and she would not let them. She just could not forget everything. She did not want to forget him and she did not want to forget her past. She knew she deserved it for the crime that she had committed but it was still too much to lose. 

     Distant footsteps could be heard. Her body went rigid and he held her tighter. They were getting closer. 

  "Come on. Let's move," he said, taking her hand.

  "No, I'm too scared," she whispered back, terrified.

  "We have to or else they will find you." Taking her hand, he ran and she followed, struggling to keep up with him. 

  "Where are we going?"

  "I know a place." Trusting him, she followed but little did she know of the thoughts racing through his mind. 

     Finally, getting away from the gigantic forest, they broke into a house. It was empty at first and then she saw them. Time paused as she stood numb, her mind taking in the scene before her. They had found her; she was betrayed. Her heart started beating faster and the blood sang in her head. She looked behind at him. He was staring apologetically at her but she knew that nothing in the whole world would make her ever forgive him for this. How could he betray her like that? How could he just hand her over to the people she's been running from?! This was insane! Pathetically, she attempted to run but he caught her by the arm, stopping her. 

  "Let me go!" The blood was boiling in her veins. She hit him. The elders, that were hunting her down, came to claim her. They took her by the arm. She kicked and screamed. The demon-like spirit inside her attacked one of them. Motionless, he watched her, his blue eyes sympathetic. Angry tears clouded her eyes.

  "I trusted you! You Bastard! You betrayed me!" Her whole body was shaking with rage. Hoping, that someone would save her from her inevitable fate, she screamed louder even though she knew there was no point. The knowledge laid deep within her heart but her stubbornness could not allow herself to face it.

     Not far away, back in the forest, another search party was taking place; a trio of friends searching for their missing friend. Her distant screams, from the house, had caught one of their attentions- a boy with jet, black hair and cold, purple-blue eyes. He looked aside at his friends- a blonde with grey-blue eyes and another with thick brown hair and icy, blue eyes. They knew what was happening and so they continued their search, to the direction, from where they could hear their friend's screaming. 

     Back at the house, the boy with the blue eyes watched her being taken away from him. Guilt and sorrow filled his heart. Knowing, that he would never see her after tonight, it broke his heart. Her screams were still ringing in his ears, but he did not dare do anything. After all they were only children. What power did they have? 

     The door opened and a familiar face entered. She had a similar face to her- the long, black hair and the deep brown eyes- she was like an older version of the girl that he had just betrayed. The young woman, with the black hair came forward and hugged him. It was a warm, motherly hug and it made him feel a bit better but nothing could stop the forthcoming tears. 

  "She will be alright, after this," said the young woman.

  "Are you sure?"

  "This is the only way she can be safe."

  "But we will never see her again. Does that not bother you?"

  "Yes, but we're doing this for her own good. This is harder for me then you can imagine but I just have to give her up, for her own safety. Promise me, that you will look after her."

  "I promise." The screaming stopped and the whole place was filled with a deadly silence. 

  "What do we do now?" he asked.

  "We're going to take her back to her house." 

     Deep within the forest, the trio of friends stopped as soon as the screaming dissipated. Carefully, they listened, their senses picking up any vital information to help them find their missing friend. They were in the middle of a gigantic forest and it was dead quiet. There were no more sounds, no more screams; nothing else could lead them to their beloved friend. Finally, they split up, going in different directions, hoping to find their dear friend.

     Back at the little house, following the plan, the blue-eyed boy and the young woman returned the little girl-at her house-back where she belonged. The boy kissed her head, one last time as she lay in a deep sleep, her breathing calm and peaceful. Stealing a last glance, at the little girl, both he and the older girl were gone.