21: Gunpoint

"I tried carrying the weight of the world, but I only have two hands."- Avicii

Aaron's POV

****One Hour Ago****

"At least let me drive you to wherever you're going." I pleaded.

Why was she doing this? Couldn't she see how much I cared about her and wanted to protect her? I just wanted to keep her safe and I couldn't do that if I didn't know where she was. She couldn't just leave me like this.

"Gosh, Aaron, just let me go." She cried, the words making my heart sting. "I'm cursed, I would have only brought you down. Girls like me don't end up with guys like you. You deserve so much better. I'm broken, Aaron."

Girls like her? Guys like me?

"I don't want anyone else. Maybe I'm falling for the broken, Ellie. Maybe I'm falling for you and don't want to let you go." I tried so hard to make her stay.

I was falling hard for her and I didn't think I'd be able to survive if she just left me like this.

"You don't know what you're talking about. You'll forget me soon enough." She pushed the door open and walked to the lift.

"No I won't." I promised, truly meaning it. How could I ever forget Ellie Watson, my crazy girl who always managed to make me smile? What would I do without her? "Will I ever see you again?"

She simply shook her head no and I swear I heard the sound of my heart beginning to crumble into tiny little pieces. How could one girl have such a big hold over me?

The elevator doors opened, revealing a laughing Olivia and Tommy. Why couldn't Ellie and I be as simple as those two?

My mind was spinning as the three of them conversed. I couldn't hear what they were saying, I was too caught up in the moment. Just as Ellie and I were about to get somewhere, this happened. I guess she was right when she said the world was a bitch.

I noticed Olivia glaring at me venomously and snapped back into what was occurring.

"I have to go!" Ellie sniffled and raced down the stairs. Shit.

"Ellie!" I yelled and was about to chase after her when Tommy caught me, forcing me to stop. "Get off me!"

"Give her some space." Tommy calmly spoke.

"You don't understand!" I tried to fight him off. "He's going to get her, he's going to take her!"

My eyes began to water and I couldn't believe how pathetic I was being. When she told me she liked me yesterday, I felt euphoric. It was as though I was floating and nothing could bring me down. I guess I was wrong.

Ever since I met her, there was something about her that sparked my interest. I tried to push it away because I was with Lindsy but it wouldn't go away. It was only when we got locked in the store room together that I realised I liked her. She was so strong and I admired her greatly. If only she could see what I saw, maybe she'd treat herself differently.

"What happened?" Olivia questioned.

"George." I immediately. "We saw him at-"

"The wandering wanker of planet dipshit is back?!" The words fell effortlessly out of Olivia's mouth. "You saw that fucker?!"

Tommy let me out of his grip as he understood why I was so flustered.

"Yes and now-"

"Aaron!" The sound of Ellie's petrified scream invaded my ears.