I ignore them and start walking again. I don't need this. I don't want this. I want a puppy.

My arm is pulled back roughly, making me stumble forward when I try to balance myself. I rip it out of their grasp with a groan. "Fuck off, Cal. I thought you were nearest about this, yeah? Fuck you."

"Oh, what? You're fucking Calum too now? I thought you two were just platonic. Guess I was mistaken, considering I thought the same for you and Jack."

Fuck.

I squeeze my eyes shut, holding my breath. This can't be happening. This shouldn't happen. I just wanted a damn puppy, for fuck's sake.

The clearing of a throat of another person behind me makes me jump. I turn around and relief flows through me, but it soon disappears when I see Calum sizing Alex up. Oh, fuck. No. No. This better not turn into a--

"What the fuck are you doing, mate? You know it takes two people to have sex, usually, right? So don't take this out on Luke, take it out on Jack. Seeing as though he is your boyfriend," Calum spits out, glaring. They make their way in front of me, creating a barrier of some sorts.

"Fuck off. This doesn't involve you. So if you'll just excuse me," Alex huffs out, trying to push Calum away, "while I talk some business with Lukey here."

Cal doesn't budge, they only stand up straighter and puff out their chest. Their hands turn to fists and if they weren't glaring before, they definitely are now. "It does involve me, bitch. Because you brought me into this. And, you know, Luke is my boyfriend and it's my job to protect him from idiots like you."

Alex just fumes silently, his own hands curling into fists, too. But before he can say anything, Calum interrupts him.

"Speaking of boyfriends, where is your little whore of a one?"

"Mine wasn't the one getting fucked in the ass the other night!" Alex explodes, shoving Calum's chest. I step back, eyes wide. I can't believe this. This needs to stop. This can't be happening.

"The other night? You're a bit late, mate. It's been awhile since that 'other night' so I think you should let it go. None of what you're doing right now is doing you any good, anyway," Calum growls, grabbing Alex's hands tightly.

He hisses, and twists them out of Cal's grasp. "This isn't over. I'm not gonna let that slut get away with this," he shouts, walking away in a hurry. His retreating form blurs, forcing me to wipe away the tears harshly.

"Fuck. Lukey, babe," Cal says, pulling me away from the curious eyes. I glance towards the people that had crowded around us. They avoid my eyes, most putting their phones away as they do so. They've been recording this. "Fuck."

I shake my head, trying to rid the tears. I groan, "Now everyone's gonna know about everything and it's all my fault and now it's gonna be all over and our band is gonna go down in ruins and it's all because of me. Fuck me."

Calum sighs, bringing me to the shop right in front of us. A small coffee shop that smells like caffeine and sugar. They open the door and force me down into a plastic chair. I pant slightly, trying to catch my breath. Closing my eyes, I just breathe deeply for a moment, focusing on slowing down my beating heart. I open my eyes to find Cal staring down at my sniffling form.

"He's angry. That's not much of an excuse to slut shame even though you aren't even a slut but... I'm just glad he left without putting a finger on you," Cal whispers, bringing their hand up to ruffle my hair. Their hand slides down to my neck, where it and its warmth stays.

"You think he'd actually hit me? Even after all the time in the studio and--"

Cal cuts me off, "People do stupid stuff when they're angry." I nod hesitantly, agreeing. But, of course, they add, "And drunk."

"Didn't you say to let it go?"

Cal just stares at me until they finally speak. "His problem with you is done for, his problem with Jack isn't. And us? We still have to clean up this mess that you've made. You and I both know Ash isn't as okay with it as much as he's trying to play off."

I nod again and grab their hand from my neck. Carefully, I entwine our fingers. "C'mon, then," I sigh out, "puppy time."

So we leave the shop hand in hand, ignoring the peering eyes and Ashton's warnings replaying in our heads. At least, that's what I'm doing. But with a glance up at Cal's smirk and their hand squeezing just a bit tighter, I'm almost certain they're doing the same.

I wipe my nose with my coat sleeve and I laugh some. I can't seem to get a break from the drama anymore. It's following me, stalking me, making sure my life revolves around it. But I can ignore it right now. I can ignore all my worries and focus on a puppy.

I don't want drama. I want a puppy. I don't want to fix my mistakes, I want a puppy. Everything can be put on hold for right now because, honestly, I just want a puppy.

(And judging by the look on Cal's face when we step into the shop, being greeted by high pitched barks and groomed wagging tails, they definitely want one, too.)

A/N: IM SO SORRY. I SUCK BALLS IKIKIK. THIS FUCKING SUCKS AND ITS SO FUCKING SHORT AND ITS LITERALLY JUST DIALOGUE ANF IM POSTING THIS W/O ASH'S EDITING BC ITS BEEN WAYYYY TOO LONG BUT IM SORRY OK. FORGIVE ME plz

OH AND FUCKING THANK YOU FOR THE ALMOST 10K READS AND ALL THESE VOTES AND COMMENTS. THIS IS INSANE. IM SORRY WE DONT RESPOND TO THEM ALL, BUt we honestly have no clue how to bc we're awkward af tbh. But thank you guys so much, all the fucking love xx