Jacob Jr.

"Well, little JJ here, is have just a bit of problems breathing on his own. We have to help him for a week. We think he may have asthma." The doctor said. I let that sink in. He might be like me. I did the same thing when my mom had me. I have asthma but it doesn't affect me much anymore. "Okay, what ever it takes to help him." I said. Jacob agreed.

They brought a machine in this room for him so, we can still be with him. Everyone was in the room, holding JJ. He had a little mask on. Jacob got Santo to take a picture of me and him holding JJ and posted it on his instagram. The caption was "Everyone, meet JJ. Born September 15th. 7 lbs. 4 oz. He has asthma but the doctors said he should be fine." It instantly got comments saying they are praying for him. We both thanked them.

"He's so precious." Jacob's mom said. She gently bounced him in her arms. "How are you feeling?" She asked me. I shrugged. "I'm tired, he didn't want to come out." I answered. She nods understandingly. "Well, we should get home so you can rest. Rose is staying with Santo, right?" Theresa, Jacob's mom, asked. "Yes, ma'am." I answered. "Baby, you want anything to eat?" Jacob asked. I nod. "I'll be right back, okay?" He asked. He is staying with me and JJ in the hospital.

As soon as he leaves, I drift to sleep with JJ beside me. He just has to wear a mask and the machine moves. It's small.

Bella's dream

I watched JJ taking a nap. He is now four months. Once I was sure he was asleep, I went across the hall to my room. I laid down and Jacob walked in. "Bella, can we talk?" Jacob asked. That worried me a little. I nod and sit up as he sits beside me. I was scared to look at him, but, I could feel him staring at me. "I been thinking and..." he started. "Are you breaking up with me?" I asked. He freaked out. "No, the exact opposite actually, I want us to be a family, a real one. I want to know if you will marry me." He said. He slid down on one knee and said "Isabella Young, it would make me the happiest man in the world by marrying me and becoming my wife. I love you and our kids with all my heart. Will you marry me?" He asked. I nod and cry tears of joy.

End Bella's dream

That put me in a good mood. Hopefully, we do get married one day. "Good morning beautiful." Jacob said. I smiled. "Good morning handsome." I said back. He tried to kiss me but, I turned. "You already brushed your teeth, I haven't." I explained. He kissed me anyway. "I don't care if you haven't brushed them in a year, I am always gonna kiss you good morning." He said. I smiled and blushed. Then I did my hygiene.

When I finished, I walked back out. Jacob was looking at JJ, who was sleeping peacefully in his bed. I walked behind Jacob and wrapped my arms around his waist from behind. I laid my head on his shoulder. "So, I already know JJ is half Mexican, black and white but, what else is he?" Jacob asked. I laughed a little. "Well, your mexican and black. I'm Mexican, Italian, Indian, not from India but like Cherokee, and then I'm white." I explained.

"Damn. That's a lot." He said. I just giggled quietly and watched JJ sleeping. "He's so cute." I whispered. This time Jacob chuckled quietly. "Handsome." He corrected. I rolled my eyes just as Jacob turned around. "Don't roll your eyes at me, baby girl. I'll give you a reason to roll em'." He said. It took me a minute to figure what he meant. "Nasty." I said. He smiled. "But you love it, mami." He said. I nodded in agreement.

"So, when can we leave?" I asked, taking a bite of my sandwich. Jacob got some of his drink before answering. "The doctor said last night that we can go home in two more days, but, we will need to bring JJ's machine. Or we could just stay for a week." He explained. I thought for a minute.

"My mom brought me home. It might do him better to be at home with family so he can get used to it." I told him. He agreed and told the doctor. She showed us how to woek the machine. "You can be released tomorrow. We will check his breathing tomorrow and in a week." She said. We both said "okay." And she left the room.