Chapter 15 : Full of Surprises

Chapter 15

Jasmine woke up feeling happy and alive. She went to her closet and chose dark jean capris and a white peasant shirt with a navy tank top with white sandals. She took a shower, changed and headed to the kitchen. She decided on making blueberry pancakes and eggs for breakfast. She was flipping pancakes when Gabe came in. "Ahh, up at the crack of dawn to fill my belly! Gotta love this service!" she rolled my eyes and nudged him away for the food because she wasn't done cooking.

"So I have a secret," Gabe disclosed trying to look secretive. Seconds passed by without him having said anything so she gave him a pointed look. "And the secret is..." Jasmine said now curious. "Hmmm, we aren't really supposed to tell you so... I don't think I'll tell you," Gabe said snickering.

"How can you start a sentence like that and live with yourself?" she asked clearly appalled. "I'm just awesome like that," he said grabbing a pancake before she could stop him. "I will get you back for this just so you know. When you least expect it, I will be lurking around so sleep with one eye open!" Jasmine threatened trying to think of what the secret could be.

"Well in that case, I'll give you a hint, you'll know by the end of school today." "Yeah thanks, that's real helpful," she replied sarcastically as he continued stuffing his face. You know for a senior, you'd think he'd have more table manners. "So how are the college apps coming?" I asked genuinely curious.

"Ehh so-so. I already got an acceptance letter from Baylor and NYU. But I really want to go to OU." She nodded thinking about her own education after high school. She really wanted to be a neonatal nurse so she figured going to a medical college would be good but she didn't want to go to Harvard or Yale or something like that although she had a fairly high grade point average.

"Well, I need to get to school. The earlier I get there, the faster I'll learn your so-called secret," Jasmine said as she turned the stove off, covered the food, and got her things together. "Bye, mom, dad, traitor," she glared and turned to Gabe for the last part. She grabbed her keys and drove to school cautiously but very anxious to know what the secret Gabe has that she will learn at school.

When she got there, Jasmine decided she was going to draw with charcoal. She popped her trunk and grabbed her drawing pad and charcoal. Along with her backpack, she got her stuff and headed inside the building. As always when she got there early, it was very quiet. She headed to the art room so that if she needed any other supplies then they would be nearby but when she got there, the door was locked.

Of course, none of the other classrooms would be open. So she headed to the empty room and went in there. She decided to close her eyes and start drawing letting her mind go blank as her hand moved. She was almost done drawing when she heard that other people were starting to arrive so she finished up. When Jasmine opened her eyes, and looked at the drawing she thought 'I have it bad' and saw someone walking through the door.

When she saw it was Cody, she hid the picture behind her because subconsciously Jasmine had drawn a profile picture of Cody. "Hey, what's up?" he asked. "Nothing, just about to get to class." She tried to fold the picture behind her and cover it with her shirt which maybe wasn't the best idea since it was charcoal and her shirt was white but they'd see how that turns out. She grabbed the rest of her stuff as she headed to homeroom without him.

"What are you trying to hide?" he questioned as soon as she stepped out of the door. She pretended that she didn't hear him and raced off to homeroom. Jasmine got to a seat and soon Cody came through the door. He sat next to her and she turned her back towards him and started talking to Simone. They were talking about getting their nails done while out the corner of her eye, she could see Cody trying to get her attention.