Chapter 10: The Search

Chapter 10

Before Jasmine knew it, the week was over and she and Cody had decided to meet at her house for the project. Everyone in her house knew she was going to work on her project but Gabe was going to go to the movies and her mom and dad were both going to go out for a day alone in a hotel "living lazy" they called it. She rolled her eyes and bid them farewell. She was still in her pajamas and it was around nine.

Jasmine went up to her room and got a shower before going to her closet to get changed. She chose comfy yet cute clothes. She was getting hungry but it was just a tad past time for breakfast. She debated on whether or not to have breakfast or lunch when she decided to make brunch. Humming to herself, she moved round the kitchen for the next hour making waffles for the breakfast part and beef enchiladas for the lunch part. She had just finished wiping down the table when the doorbell rang. Taking off her gloves, she went to answer it.

"Hey," Jasmine smiled at Cody. Before anyone could say anything else, something started beeping. "Oh, I forgot about the food!" she dashed to the kitchen hopping Cody was following her. She went next to the oven and quickly grabbed the oven mitts that were lying there. Once she put them on, Jasmine carefully took the homemade enchiladas out. When all the food was finally laid she presented it to Cody. "I couldn't decide if I would rather have breakfast or lunch so I settled on brunch."

"Cool," Cody's eyes lit up and he quickly, snuck a waffle bite into his mouth when he thought she wasn't looking. "Well let's eat," she invited him grabbing a plate and getting one for him also. She was about to start loading food in her mouth when Cody tapped her shoulder.

Jasmine jerked in surprise. "Scare the crap out of my why don't you!" she started laughing. "Sorry, I didn't mean to, I just thought we should pray first," Cody suggested.  She blinked and then hit her hand on her head, she couldn't believe she forgot to do that. "You're right. Do you want to pray, or me?"

"I can," he responded a little nervously.

They held hands and were sitting directly parallel with each other and ignored the sensation and warmth she got when they touched. It probably happened because she just finished getting to food out of the oven. Cody prayed and they both said "Amen." After Cody finished getting his food, he followed her to the table. For a while there was just the sound of eating.

After they were done Jasmine put the leftovers away. "Let's get this project done." They went to her room and she got out the materials they needed for the project. "Hey, would this look good here?" Cody asked her. She tilted her head to the side. "Yeah and maybe the title should be green."

"Okay," he agreed, and in about an hour, they were halfway done. Jasmine was reaching for the pencil, and writing some things down when she felt the prick of something getting pushed down into her foot.

Jasmine froze and brought her foot to her face in a butterfly position. She saw that there was a tack that went straight through her foot. Oh boy. She sighed because she really didn't want to look for band-aids. If it is as deep as she thought, blood may get on the carpet and she REALLY hated cleaning the carpet. She was thankful the tack was small enough that it didn't really hurt. She guessed Cody heard her sighing because he said "If you're tired we can finish later and -"

"No, it's just I have a tack in my foot and it's going to be a hassle to find band-aids."

"You have a tack in your foot?" he looked concerned. "Yeah, it's not that big of a deal. I guess I should have kept my shoes on."

Jasmine stood up and started walking with her left foot tilted up so she wouldn't be walking on it and pushing the tack in further. Before she could go any further, Cody came over to her and picked her up bridal style. "What are you doing?!" she cried surprised.