chapter 1

"Nessa!"

I was sitting on Raven's bed mentally going through all the paperwork I had to do the next day at work. Raven was having dinner out with Justin and she was choosing a dress, she does the same thing all the time, choose a hundred different dresses and then put on the one she had chosen at first, so when she asked "is this looking good" I always mumble something she took for an answer.

"Nessa! Please" she begs.

"No Raven" I said "I hate being setup on a date and most of all I hate blind dates."

Raven was begging me to go out with her and Justin; she had set me up on a blind date with Justin brother. Raven feels because she's in love we all must be in love too. I wanted to throw up just thinking about going out with Justin brother, I couldn't think of anything worse.

"Raven you know I'll do just about anything for you but going out with J brother is not one of them, you told me the guy was a loser."

"Who's a loser" K.P asks as she jumps on Raven bed throwing off some of Raven clothes.

"J's brother" I answered.

"Yeah he's a loser."

"He's not" Raven said hotly "He's a nice man he just had a bit of bad luck lately just because he lost his job and have to move back home with his parents does not make him a loser." I look at K.P and she look at me, we both started to laugh.

"Raven are you hearing yourself? You want me to date a 29-year-old man living at home with his parents"

"You don't have to like him, just cheer him up, he had been depressed lately and Justin is worried" she said looking sad as she sits on the bed.

"I hardly see Justin anymore he's always with his brother, trying to cheer him up so I thought if we go on a double date I could spend some time with Justin while you talk to his brother.

"Nessa go out with loser boy and let Raven have some time with J" K.P said as she got up from the bed and threw a pillow at me. "Anyhow I just came in to tell you guys I've been call on an assignment I'll be gone for three weeks this time."

"Bye K.P be safe" Raven and I called out to her as she leave.

I turned to Raven "why didn't you tell me all that before, instead of begging" I ask her.

"I was a little ashamed" she mumbled softly.

"why?" "I haven't seen Justin in three weeks and I thought he had left me, He wasn't answering his phone and his assistant keep telling me he's not in when I call him at work." she said in a rush looking down at the floor. I always get mad at Raven when she acts like this. The girl is a beautiful intelligent lawyer, any man would be lucky to have her and out of all of them she picks a loser who makes her feel insecure.

Sighing, it almost kill me to say anything nice about J, cause all I wanted to do was beat the crap out of him for treating Raven this way.

"Raven you know J loves you, he's just busy with his brother that's all, he wouldn't leave you. You are a great catch after all, I better go get ready if I'm going on this date with you guys." I said to her smiling.

"Really?!" she said beaming at me with a bright smile, she throw her arms around me and kiss my cheeks.

"Thank you Nessa." I stick my tongue out at her as I get up to leave her room. If she had any idea of what I was thinking about J, right now she would hate me. I was thinking of asking Luke to give him a little talk.

Looking around at the mess of clothes on her bed and in her closet. I shakes my head sadly.

"You know Sasha is going to complain about arranging your closet again. Don't you think I have enough to deal with . Why are you giving me more work, I can't deal with Sasha whining this week."