Chapter 22

After Nash left I fell asleep. The next morning I work to the sound of someone knocking on my door. “Who is it" I called out. I didn't feel like getting out of bed plus I look like a hot mess.

“Breakfast" A female voice answer.

“The door is open"

A moment later a woman entered my room. I knew immediately she wasn't a hotel staff but she had a tray with my breakfast on it. I sit on in the bed. “Who are you?" I asked.

“Hi Nessa, I'm Dr. Karen Lee" she holds out her hand for me to shake it after she had rest the tray with my breakfast on the on my bed. I took her hand and shake it.

“You must be wondering what I'm doing here. Nash has invite me down here. I'm a Psychologist"

“Oh okay. But that doesn't explain why you had my breakfast"

“I meet the waiter on the way and I told him I'll bring it to you" she said with a smile. “May I sit?"

“Sure" she sit in one of the chair facing the bed.

“Nash has explain your situation to me but I need to know if you're okay with me being here"

To be honey, I didn't like her. This early in the morning and she was stunningly beautiful, she wasn't even wearing make up. She was wearing a black Kan Kan skinny jeans and a white off shoulder top.

“I do have some problems to work out but..." I trail off.

“You're not comfortable with me. That's okay I could recommended a few other Doctors"

“It's not that I'm uncomfortable with you it's just I was wondering how do you know Nash"

“Ah! I get it, you're wondering what my relationship with Nash is? Well I have .permission to tell you. His sister Sarah is one of my client"

“Oh okay" I mumbled feeling a bit stupid because I though she was an ex-girlfriend.

“Nessa, I'm quite good at what I do and I really want to work with you. That is, if you're comfortable with me now."

I give her a slight smile. “ I don't

know you but I guess I'm as comfortable with you as anyone else"

“Okay then, where do you want to start?" She asked me. I thought she was the doctor, why the hell she's asking me where I want to start.

“Do you mind if I eat" the smell of the food was getting to me and the twins was hungry.

As I eat I started to talk. I know you're not suppose to talk with food in your mouth but it was better than the alternative which is her watching me eat my breakfast.

I told her about my childhood, about my husband death and about my feeling for Nash.

“What you're saying is that you're not sure if anyone ever loved you for you" Dr. Karen repeat back to me. I was sitting on the bed hugging my knees.

“Yes" I answered.

“Why do you need their love?"

I frowned at her, “what do you mean why do I need their love?"

“I mean you could live your life without anyone loving you. As long as you love yourself then everything else will fall into place."

“That makes no sense" I was becoming angry. We spent all day with me talking about my life, bearing my deepest feeling that I have never revealed to anyone, never even admitted to myself before today. And Karen was telling me the solution to all my problems was to love myself and everything else would fall into place.