Chapter 55 They of the Storm; The Second Black Night part 1

Start from the beginning

"I was with him...what happened?" she cried and Isabel hugged her friend.

David watched from afar, analyzing how fatigued Jasmine was. She was using all of her powers to heal Exsavior—to save his life. Isabel and Mia comforted each other, and they left the building to go outside.

Possibly for the best.

'Hey man, it's good to see your face around the house. How are you holding up?'

He remembered that talk they had, back when Margery died. Watching the desolate room, David saw Exsavior and himself talking—like it was just yesterday.

When everything was better...

'Um...?

Right sorry, I meant how are you doing?

I am doing better.'

His smile was always so stupid to him. Exsavior was too honest about how he really felt, something that discomforted David. What he wouldn't give to have him do it at that moment.

Not wanting to see them any further, David shifted his stare to his feet. The dark scorched floorboards made him feel so livid. Why did everything need to remind him of a battle?

'I just wanted to apologize for being so selfish these past few days. You needed me and I wasn't there, what kind of Alpha does that?

Alpha?

I am an Alpha werewolf, and I am your Alpha—a leader if you will.

Damn what a lucky break. I'm just about as lost as a needle in a haystack! It's good to know you'll be there to help me out!'

A strong rumble coursed through the house, making Jasmine run out to the living room. David's fist ran right through the floor—his eyes hurting.

"He was always selfish...he always kept me out of things, handling it himself," David said, more to himself, causing silence to take control of Jasmine.

"Why didn't he look for me?" The shout made Jasmine wince, fearing that any response from her would worsen things.

"David...," she whispered, hating the way his eyes burned her.

Then a clatter broke their stares. David turned to the exit, seeing Mia standing there—her face lost.

"Isabel's gone...," as if things couldn't get any worse.

"What?" Jasmine spoke, surprised at the words.

"We were speaking...she was calming me down, but then something happened," pausing, Mia looked at David's shocked eyes.

"She said that everything was going to be ok, that she was going to make it right."

"Why didn't you stop her?" In an instant, David redirected his shouts towards Mia as he stood.

"David, calm down," Jasmine tried, but he ignored her.

"There was nothing I could do, she used a Traveler's Potion and disappeared," Mia said to him.

"This is unbelievable," David uttered, running past Mia in anger to go outside.

"Where are you going?" Jasmine's shouts called back to him, but he never returned. He simple yelled back and ran off into the night.

"To do something about this whole shit of a mess!" and with that said, Mia and Jasmine were left to themselves.

Jasmine looked at her, with hard eyes. Her rival, the woman that took Exsavior away from her.