"Want to show you something."

"No, I need to go home." I shake my head as Harry steps out of the car.

"You think you should go home, you don't need to." He leans down, holding out his hand to me. "Come on, give me five minutes."

I sigh, ignoring the hand extended to me as I climb out of the back of the cab.

Harry grins, saying a few words to the driver as I step away from the taxi.

Within seconds the cab is pulling away from the curb and heading down the street.

"Wait!" I yell after it pointlessly before turning to Harry. "Why did you have him leave?!"

"Don't want to keep him."

"You said this would only take five minutes!"

"More or less." He shrugs, sticking his hands in the pockets of his black slacks. "We'll just call for one when we're ready to go."

"I can't be here! Don't you get that?! I can't..." I clamp my mouth shut, abruptly ending my rant before I say something I shouldn't.

"You what?" Harry chuckles. "We're just gonna sit Everly. Talk for a bit."

"I just can't. I..."

"Why're you with someone you're afraid of?"

"I'm not." I cross my arms, trying to ward off the cold. "This has nothing to do with him."

"Right..." Harry purses his lips, narrowing his eyes in thought.

"Why are we here?" I glance around us, wanting desperately to change the conversation.

"You said you like going to the MET. Made me think of this place." He motions for me to follow after him as he leads us through a line of trees.

As we step into the clearing the Manhattan Bridge comes into view. It takes up the entire skyline, the lights from it reflecting off the water flowing gently beneath it.

"Wow." I breathe out, a smile overtaking my face.

"Something about it yeah?" Harry stops next to me. "Thought you'd fancy it. Don't know if you would call it art but.."

"I would." I nod. "It's beautiful."

"Yeah..." He gazes at me briefly before clearing his throat. "I mean it is. I come here a bit. Just to think... Get away from things."

He heads towards an old wooden picnic table sitting out on the grass, taking a seat on top of it, his feet resting on the bench.

"Best seat in the house. Try it out." He holds his hand out to me for the second time tonight and this time I take it.

Letting him help me step up onto the bench and take a seat next to him.

We fall into silence for a few minutes, both just staring at the view spread out in front of us.

But it isn't an awkward silence like I would expect it to be. It's calming.

I rub my hands up and down on my arms, trying to warm myself from the cool night air.

"Here." Harry shrugs off his suit jacket, placing it over my shoulders.

His scent hits me as I'm engulfed in its warmth.

Of course he would have to smell absolutely wonderful.

"What do you see?"

"What?" I glance over at Harry to find him staring intently at the bridge.