A Strange Meeting

You know how some say that sabers always travel in packs? Well, they're wrong. Some sabers don't travel in packs, they like to be on their own, I'm one of them. I was walking through a very Rocky Mountain area, figuring out whether I was the last female saber (Or the last saber for that matter).

Where I was going didn't matter at all. I just travel wherever I please, and no one really asks where I'm going since they're pretty much afraid of me. I was broken from my thoughts when I heard voices and crying. I furrowed my brows at hearing the sounds.

I thought no one walked these parts, especially since everyone is heading South.

Confused, I followed the sounds to a clearing that was behind some bushes. What I saw was unbelievable and quite shocking A mammoth, a sloth, and another saber were surrounding a human baby, who was crying quite loudly I may add.

The three animals---by the judge of their voices are males--- were trying to take care of a baby. They all were arguing about why the baby was hungry and how they could fix it. It was amusing, to say the least. I mean how often do you see something like this?!  In my head, I was debating whether to help them or just to stand by. I mean it wouldn't be at all bad since it's a simple act of help before I move on.

"Anything goes downhill, and you'll be out before anything else" I whispered to myself before saying to the males, "You do know he is hungry right?" They all stopped arguing, and even the baby stopped crying. They all looked at the bushes where I was at.

"Who said that?" The saber asked. I then came out from the bushes.

"I did." I said, "And I'll say it again. You do know he is hungry right?"

The three males only stared at me for a few moments before the mammoth asked, "Who are you?"

"The names Jade." I answered, "And you three are?" I raised a brow at the trio.

"I'm Sid." The slot--erm Sid introduced himself, "the mammoth is Manny, and the saber is Diego."

"Nice to meet you." I said, with a polite nod of my head, "So what are you three doing out here in the middle of nowhere and with a baby?" I raised a brow and looked at the human child.

"W-well we uh" Diego started, but Sid cut him off, 

"We found this human, and she wanted this baby to be returned to its herd. We gladly took it but it was when that was just Manny and I. Diego joined a few minutes later, and now we are heading our way to Glacier Pass to return this little guy home." The sloth pointed to the baby lying on the rock.

"What are you doing out here in the middle of nowhere? Especially without a pack?" Diego asked.

Great, we got another one of this bozos, I thought in my head with a mental roll of my eyes.

"Well I left my pack," I replied to the male saber, "There was a traitor amongst us which was family, so I left not wanting to deal with seeing my only family get killed. Plus they had a way of dealing with things that I did not approve of. Such as killing innocent babies and animals who did absolutely nothing to us."

"How long have you been alone?" He asked. I was about to answer when nothing came to mind. How long HAVE I been alone?

"I... don't know." I answered, truthfully, "Guess it's been a long while."

"Well back to when you said that he is hungry, where do you suppose we are to get food?" Manny asked, getting back to the whole reason this conversation started. However, before I could answer, we all heard a thump. The four of us looked over to see a melon lying near a few bushes.