Chapter 8

a/n: holy crap! 400 reads! you guys are the best. love you! back to Armin's POV this chapter, but I'll probably put Eren's POV in some later chapters.

One moment, I was groggily looking at Eren, trying to recall what had happened earlier, and the next, my lips were pressing against his, caught in a kiss.

At first, I was shocked, then I realized what was happening and I passionately kissed him back. We stayed like that for not nearly long enough, though it must have been at least a minute. When he pulled away, we just stared at each other in shock for a moment, before he put all the emotions I was feeling into words.

"Oh my god." He said, "Did that actually just happen?"

"Yeah. Yeah, it did." I responded, most likely with a very stunned expression on my face.

Eren laughed. "So... I kissed you, and you kissed me back?" He asked.

"Correct." I responded, a smile creeping into my face. He looked at me, a shit eating grin on his face, and wrapped his arms tightly around me.

"Hey Armin?" He whispered to me.

"Yeah?"

"Will you go on a date with me?"

A giant smile spread across my face. "Yes. Oh my god, yes." I breathed into his hair, and in that moment, I was high on life.

However, that high didn't last all that long. Obviously, I was in the hospital for a reason, a reason we had to discuss. I desperately didn't want to, but Eren was adamant, and I finally caved. After answering some of the easier questions, he finally asked me the big one.

"Why?" He looked at me, a sad look in his eyes. I took a deep breath.

"I-I guess that's I j-just didn't want to h-hurt anymore." I choked out, as tears started spilling from my eyes. I swallowed hard and looked Eren in the eyes. "I'm sorry." I continued softly.

He grasped my hands and squeezed them. "No, don't be sorry. I want you to promise that you won't do this again. Okay? I'm... I'm not sure what I would do without you." He said tenderly, tracing circles on the back of my hand.

I kept eye contact with him, tears still littering my cheeks.

"I promise."

a/n: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I know it's not my best, but I wanted to write and publish another one for you guys. I'm really tired rn, so it's probably not very good, but either way, please let me know what you think of it! love you guys!