Chapter 7

a/n: I hope you guys like this chapter! it's a bit short, but don't worry, it's a good one.

trigger warning: suicide mentions

Eren's POV:

When Armin left to go to his house, I got a bad feeling in my gut. He was obviously upset, and he normally wouldn't turn down an opportunity to come out with Mikasa and I. I really enjoy when he comes over, he makes me happy, and he makes me not so angry about everything all the time. And... well, I may have developed a bit of a crush on him. Actually, more than a bit. I had a gigantic crush on my best friend. Mikasa knew, of course, she's smart. Within a week, she knew, and told me so, at which I groaned and told her not to tell Armin, or I would, how did I put it? "Rip her fucking head off," I believe is how it was said. Of course, she just giggled and promised that her lips were sealed.

Crushes aside, Armin's behavior seemed strange, so I decided to head over to his house. I'd walked him over there a few times, so I knew where to go. When I reached his front door, I knocked politely, examining the decrepit condition of the building, which I won't go into detail about now. After knocking several times to no avail, I simply turned the knob on the door to see if it was unlocked. Which, strangely, it was. I cautiously pushed the door open, and was greeted with silence. Utter silence.

"Armin?" I called out. "Armin, are you there?" More silence. I cautiously walked through their living room and up their stairs, towards Armin's room. "Armin?" I repeated, rather quietly. I reached the top of their stairs, and walked down the rather short hallway to his room. Still nothing. I knocked on his door. "Armin? Are you okay?" No response. I wrapped my fingers around the doorknob. "Armin, I'm coming in there!" I shouted as I turned the handle. I stepped inside the room, and was greeted with the worst possible sight.

Armin. Crumpled, lying on the floor, with an empty bottle of pills next to him.

"Oh my god! Armin! Armin, wake up!" I cried as I rushed to his side, shaking him. He doesn't respond. I checked to see if he was breathing: he wasn't. Frantically, I reached for the point on his neck where I prayed there would be a pulse: there was.

{time skip}

I called an ambulance immediately. They were there two minutes later, and they drove Armin to the hospital, with me holding his hand the entire time. I felt sick. Absolutely sick. Armin, the person I loved most in this world, had tried to take his own life. Thinking about that ended up making me cry, unsurprisingly. A lot. I cried a lot. I cried in the ambulance, I cried when I was walking with the gurney they were wheeling him on, I cried when I was sitting outside the room as he got his stomach pumped. Point being: lots of tears.

Finally, they relocated him to a regular room, and they allowed me to go in, telling me he'd likely wake up soon. I sat beside the bed, my head resting on his chest, listening to his heartbeat for a while. After some time, I lifted my head, and simply stroked his hand and murmured to him. I told him about how much I loved him, how scared I felt when I found him in that room, how happy I was that he was alive, and then I told him everything I loved about him. About his little dimples when he smiled, how cute his laugh was, how beautiful he was, everything.

I ended up losing track of time. All I know is that after a long while, his eyes finally fluttered open. I nearly cried of happiness, he tried to say something, but I quickly wrapped him in a hug.

He whispered, "Eren?"

I smiled, my eyes brimming with tears. "Yup. It's me." I pulled away from the hug. "Oh, Armin, I was so scared you weren't gonna wake up." I continued, smiling as happy tears spilled onto my cheeks.

"You're crying." He said concernedly, his brows furrowing.

"You're such a dork." I murmured, shaking my head slightly. What happened then was an impulse, and while it was stupid, in hindsight, I don't regret it one bit. I pulled myself close to him, and...

Kissed him.

a/n: OOOOOOOOOOOH CLIFFHANGER! I'll probably update this tomorrow night because I'm going to six flags tomorrow so I'm not gonna be able to write until tomorrow evening. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! love you all! (also, I wrote that last bit in for you. you know who you are.)