Chapter 1 ✔

Welcome to Mated To My Brother. This book has been rewritten but not edited. There might still be mistakes. If so, contact the author.

If you ignored the Warning and Important Message chapter, good luck to you. Don't complain to me if something doesn't go the way you expected.

Enjoy the story!

* * *

It was that time of year again.

My birthday where I'd be turning another year older and The Hunt will be held.

Five weeks of fun, teamwork and survival for the fitest but only the top twenty-five will move on to Winter Training.

I glanced around my room, letting my eyes run over everything that I've ever known for 18 years of my life. Each memory, each laughter and kisses goodbye, everything. And I smiled at the memories, they were so vivid.

I loved them.

. . .but sadly everything has to come to an end and my end was today, where I'd be put up for The Hunt to see if I can truly move on to winter training and lead our packs warriors to survival. I, along with my small group, will be surviving in the forest for however long it takes.

Taking a step towards the door I let my eyes run over my outfit the mirror seemed to catch. Black clothing cling to my skin. Black jeans, boots, long sleeve shirt, jacket and dark brown hair to pull it all together. I had a slim body, one that my girls envy in my pack but I couldn't care less, as long as I become pack leader or at least Beta.

"Happy birthday, Scarlet!" I heard from behind my, turning towards the door I looked out to the familiar face that took care of me all 18 years of my life. "Thanks, Mary" I pulled her into a hug, she chuckled softly to herself. "My little girl is all grown up, ready to enter The Hunt and become a full pledged leader along with your group" Mary pulled away.

"Come on dear, breakfast is ready and you'll need a lot of energy for the weeks ahead. Tonight your father will announce the groups in The Hunt after dinner and the rest of the week should go by the same. Rules, regulations, warning and whatnot, don't worry you won't be leaving tonight" I nodded heading downstairs with Mary in front of me.

"Where's Xavier?" I asked; I haven't seen my brother around this morning and he's normally always the first to greet me. Then it's Mary and my parents.

"Who knows! The boy was running around like a madman this morning. It's awfully weird considering how strict he is"

I ate quickly after Marys annocements. We kept talking for the next few hours before I headed outside to my black 1960 Mercury Comet and drove the café, were my group will be waiting for me. This mercury has had a hard time running lately but it gets me to where I need to go so there's no use replacing it.

I parked outside the café and headed in.

* * *

"Happy birthday Scarlet" I looked over my group of friends, most of which will be accompanying me on The Hunt. The hunt works in many different ways, most who are going to Winter Training have a group to lead them there. That group protects you at all cost and along the way you learn to work together and think like each other. They were my group and I plan on keeping us alive.

"Thanks" I smiled softly, Jenna squeezed my arm gently getting my attention. "Are you okay?" I shrugged my shoulders "I'm eighteen guys and I'm going on The Hunt, do you know how many years I've waited for this day" Samuel stepped in. "Since the day you can walk" he chuckled to himself "it was all you could talk about when we found each other but that's not what's making you so quiet, tell us Scarlet, what's wrong?" Sighing softly to myself I looked out the window. My eyes became distant.

"My wolf. . ." I started out, "shes been restless for the last couple of days. Do you think that means anything? Am I unhealthy? Is she unhealthy?" It was unlike my wolf to be restless for more than a night, it had me worried. It keeps me up at night more than she does.

"Is she pacing?" Asked Liam, I nodded.

"Maybe it's your mate? Or maybe she's just getting The Hunt jitters" I shook my head frowning to myself. I couldn't find my mate now, it was impossible. I didn't want one nor does Samuel want me to have one, we wanted to mate this week.

"It can't be my mate" I watched Samuel's hands curl into fist, he lost his mate when he was young. A pre-teen boy losing his mate in a car accident by humans took a toll on him, we found each other before then, I helped him stay alive and survive. I helped him fight for a life he wanted to give up on and in exchange, love blossomed.

Author's Note:

The first chapter of Mated To My Brother is done!!!!! I want to thank you all again for choosing this story but if you skipped over the 'Important Information' chapter, please go back a read.

It has some things you'll need to know for this book but I will say this again: Scarlet is adopted so no there is no incest.

Anyways, don't forget to Vote, Comment and Follow for more updates and books!!!!!

* Any questions, comments or concerns about the book please notify the author through PM.

If you are from the old book I changed the names:

Xavier was Nick

Samuel was Trent.

Jenna was Amy

- This does not apply to new readers.

Instagram: @starfirestone16