Chapter 9 (Revised)

Chapter 9

   "I cannot believe you actually beat Cole!" Jace yelled enthusiastically at me. We were currently standing in my room, going over all the gory details of my opponents defeat. Yes, Cole has some serious injuries, but I think it was his pride that suffered more.

   "Where did you learn to fight like that?" Nick butted in.

   "Had to defend myself somehow from the rouges that took me." I said nonchalantly. 

   "Yes, but that was amazing! I mean I don't think I've ever seen a female wolf that strong. Your something else, Julia." Nick laughed.

   "I second that!" Jace agreed.

   "It's really nothing you guys." I waved them off, standing and walking over to my lamp post. 

   "And your wolf! I've never seen a color like that before." Nick said in awe.

   "I like it." Jace purred and wiggled his eyebrows at me seductively.

   "In your dreams Jace." I spoke in a mocking baby voice.

   He smirked while saying, "Oh you know it."

   Rolling my eyes I continued to run my hands over many staked up papers, searching for one in particular. Droning out Jace as he listed off perfectly good reasons for us to have dinner together, I focused my hearing on Nick, who still seemed to be in awe over my wolf. 

   "Its incredible really that you have that color. Its unheard of especially for a female--no offense their Julia--its just befuddling to think about." He blabbed on, "Now that I think about it it makes a lot of sense!" Nick shouted like he won the lottery. 

   "What does?" I questioned, stopping my search.

   "You never shifted before Cole rejected you, right?" He asked.

   I shook my head. "What does that have to do with anything?"

   "It has to do with everything!" He breathed, "Your wolf is so rare that it took extra time to mature and grow to its full strange than any other wolf known. Which by taking so much time made the others in your pack house think that you'd never change which made you and outcast. By this happening, and you being the Alpha's mate, he probably thought you'd never change as well and needed a Luna who could shift to be with him." Nick rambled on. "But when he rejected you it awoke your wolf, however, when this happened your emotions were running purely on rage so it makes sense that she'd become known to you because you basically forced her out."

   "My life was hell even before I was supposed to shift." I grumbled even though his theory made a whole lot of sense. 

   "I have a theory for that as well." He smiled triumphantly.

   "Oh really? And that theory is?"

   "That the pack new you were part human from the start, which rose the suspicion of you not changing in the first place. Then when the time came for you to change, and you didn't, their suspicion was confirmed. I mean it makes sense why they shunned you, they thought that you were human and didn't want to take care of you."

   "But how does all this tie together?"

   "I'm still trying to figure that out because your wolf is extraordinary and yet your still half human. Which raises the questions how and why?"

   "And you have no idea how or why, do you?"

   "Nope, not a clue." He grinned sheepishly at me. I gave a curt nod to him because I knew it was the polite thing to do, but even after hearing all this information he shared with me, I still felt anger arise in me.