Chapter 5 (Revised)

Chapter 5

Two years later...

   It has been five years since I have last spoken to my pack.  

   Five years since I have last spoken to that girl in the woods. 

   Five years since I last saw the man in the woods. 

   Five years...since I took the job. 

   Two years ago I killed three men in an apartment building not far from my old pack house. Their names were Jasper, Adam, and Jack. Three hunters who killed a women out of rage. They were my 100th kill. They were the rise to my stardom. After I finished my business with them I moved on to bigger enemies; All leaving a red path behind me. My identity--as it should be--is secret. But now is not the time for me to vent about that, now is the time for my revenge. Revenge on the Dark moon pack. I have waited five long agonizing years for this and I intend for it to go well. 

   My five years of waiting is up, its time I face my worst fear. My pack. Its time they know what their cruelty did to me. That I have no heart, no soul, no love, and no kindness. I was alone. It is time for me to shine, it is only fair. This is my time. My final time.

   'Are you sure you are ready for this?' Saraphine asked me eagerly.

   Yes, I am ready. I need to be. Wish me luck.

   'Good luck, Julia. Stay safe. For the both of us.' She warned

   I signaled to Charlie, a rouge I had manipulated into helping me, with him my plan shall be fulfilled. I heard the soft hum of a siren, my pack was getting ready for battle. I lift my face and look out at the forest, "Goodbye." I say, then run into the war.

***************

Cole's POV

   'Alpha, there are rouges circling around the house!' Alex, my beta, yelled to me from our mind link.

   'How many?'

   'A dozen.' He replied.

   I cussed silently to myself, 'Prepare the others we have to fight them off. Make sure they don't reach the children!'

   'Yes, Alpha.'

   Alex was a loyal friend of mine, always has been, always will be. But he is never happy, especially since Julia left. For whatever reason he always acted differently around her. He would never beat her like I did and I hate myself every day because of it. I was a terrible person back then. And I drove my own mate away. She's been gone five years now and we think she died a long time ago. We searched for her for three weeks and never found a trace. Sooner or later I needed to mate and chose Drusilla to be my Luna. She was horrible to say the least. Her whiny voice was enough to cause you to go insane and her constant complaining is only the icing on the cake. How I wish I could have my Julia back. I only wish I realized how much I needed her back then as much as I need her today. She was my mate after all. I loved seeing her face every morning, to see how strong she was even though we constantly abused her. She was so innocent and kind, loving and sweet, everything a male mate would want. And what did I do?I beat and rejected her. How stupid could I get?

   'Alpha, are you coming?' Alex quickly questioned.

   'I'm on my way.'

   I rushed out the door and ran into the battle. Rouges were everywhere covering the ground around us. My men were fighting them off easily. I felt pride swoop through me as I watched them. I trained them well considering how at ease every single one of them were fighting.