Chapter 44-- She's my hero, she doesn't need a cape

Börja om från början

Liam stared at me for a good minute. I wish I could give him a smart remark right now. He moved away from the door and moved closer to me, looking at every inch of my body till he stopped when he met my gaze.

Is he just gonna stare at me all day?

He sat on the chair beside me and took my hand. He let out a deep breath that he seemed to have been holding for a long time.

"What am I going to do with you?" He said and I smiled weakly.

"Don't you ever scare me like that again. Do you understand?" He warned before placing kisses on my hand.

It's so good to feel his touch again.

Even though every inch of my body hurts, his touch is a relief. He began to play with my hair.

"I have many questions on my mind, but now is not the time. The most important thing is that you are back," He said softly, but I knew deep down inside he was furious.

He's mad at me.

He won't stop kissing my hand.

The only question I badly wanted to ask him was why he looked like hell. I seriously wanted to laugh at him. He looked like he was the one in pain, not me.

"You scared me, babe. You did. I was so terrified," He said, smiling weakly.

Everyone else came in to see me. They all talked about how much I scared them and I should never do it again. I feel so blessed and happy to have all these people around me. It is good to see those who truly care.

They told me Mia and Ryder were here in New York, but they wouldn't let me see any of them including Ian. They told me to wait until I was able to speak so that I could reply to their thousands of questions.

It's been a week since I woke up which means have been hospitalized for a month. Being hospitalized isn't a joke at all.

I feel different, mostly happier than I had been before I was shot. I can't explain, but it felt like a heavy load had been lifted off my shoulders.

It's like the dark space in my heart has been filled with light and happiness. Except for the physical pain, I feel like I'm walking on sunshine. I'm free from whatever was holding me back. I can't explain it. The only thing I can say is that I feel brand new. The happiness in me is suppressing the pain I feel.

Most wires or tubes connected to my body as been removed. I've been breathing by myself as of yesterday. The doctor explained more to me about my condition. I could talk since last night, but my voice is really low.

It's not easy to keep quiet. I couldn't even write anything down. It was a pain in the butt to lift my finger, and I was also too lazy. I'm wearing a shoulder cast. I can only use one hand.

I asked the doctor to send everyone home yesterday even though it wasn't easy for him to do. He told me Liam wouldn't leave. He slept on the chair in the waiting room.

I also told the doctor not to tell them I could speak again. I wanted to surprise them.

I can't wait to see my son today. I've been eager to see Ian. I miss my little best friend. I've been up since three in the morning. I couldn't wait to see their faces when I say something to them.

It was almost 5 a.m. when someone opened the door. The doctor walked in with a smile on his face.

I found out he was Liam's family doctor, he's in his fifties.

"Good morning Jane, just came to check up on you. Hope you're feeling better. You can't wait to talk to your family. I can see it in your face. I'm sure they will be happy to hear your voice too. Liam is still asleep on the chair. That boy..." The Doctor said smiling.