Chapter 9-- Within seconds

Jealousy

A sentiment that is born in love and which is produced by the fear that the loved person prefers someone else.

Liam's P.O.V

I can't believe Jane is going on a date with that guy. What are the odds she meets her childhood friend in Asia?

She is here for business, not pleasure. I would like to see how her little date will happen if she is too busy to go.

I need to do something. I hurried back to the penthouse. I saw Jane looking around trying to find something.

The moment she stood up straight and I saw her, my jaw dropped.

She was wearing a red dress that embraced her body. Showing all her curves in every single detail. One thing I know for sure, she's the most stunning woman I've ever met in my life.

"Wow!" I whispered to myself. She smiled the moment she saw me. How can someone be so beautiful?

"Oh, I was just about to call you. Where have you been?" She asked but I couldn't reply. I was speechless. I just kept gazing at her.

That's it!

She's not going out with that British bastard looking like that.

"Sorry... I was downstairs__" I managed to say then I heard a knock on the door.

Jane walked towards the door. The smell of her perfume hit my nostrils, and I almost tripped while standing.

Before I could blink the British bastard walked in snapping me out of my daze. The way he looked at Jane made me fold my hand into a fist. He won't stop staring at her. I cleared my throat to distract him.

"Are you ready?" He asked Jane. "Yes, let's go," She smiled and he took her hand in his. "See you later boss." She said to me and they left. Just like that. I didn't even get a chance to say anything.

I kicked the coffee table beside me and plunged myself on the couch.

That woman has a way of getting away with things. No one dares to try this with me but her.

I groaned out loud.

This is where I'm going to sit until she's back.

Jane's P.O.V

We walked towards a restaurant not too far from the hotel to grab dinner.

I missed Aiden. He was my childhood best friend. We were inseparable. I even had a crush on him when we were young.

He was there for me during my toughest times, and he knows how to make people feel better.

We got to the restaurant and Aiden ordered some Korean food, for both of us. We ate for a little while without saying anything.

"So, tell me. How have you been? What's going on? Why didn't you tell me before leaving? Why didn't you ever try to contact me? How's life? And who is the lucky guy?" He asked me.

"Wow, that's a lot of questions." We both laughed.

"Uh... I'm fine. Life is okay. I don't have much going on right now. I'm sorry for not telling you I was leaving. I wasn't expecting it either, and I know how much you hate goodbyes. You know much I don't like calling people that are far away from me, because I just end up missing them more. And there is no guy" I said as fast as I could.

"Wow... It's okay. I get it. But I have to say, at first, I thought something was going on between you and your boss. I mean did you see the way he was staring at me like he was about to kill me?" He chuckled.