Chapter 25-- Secrets

Jane's P.O.V

"OMG! Jane, your face is in every magazine and gossip blog. 'The most eligible bachelor's girlfriend' You've turned into a celebrity overnight. Jane, you need to be careful on the street, because Liam's fangirls are coming after you." Arie said jokingly over the phone. "By the way, you look like a supermodel in every magazine. I can't stop reading them," Arie added and I scoffed.

"Arie, it's just a bunch of stupid papers. I don't even understand why a businessman is so famous. It's not like I'm dating a celebrity," I replied.

"He hangs with celebrities, and his rich playboy made the news. His family owns multiple businesses and properties across the country. Everyone wants a bit of the heir to the throne, Jane," She said.

"Whatever, can we talk about something else?" I said to change the subject.

"Fine..." She replied. "So tell me how are you holding up with your break up? Are you okay?" I asked sternly.

Arie and Roy broke up earlier this month. Roy said he wasn't feeling the relationship anymore. After five years of dating, he said he met someone else. He said he never cheated on Arie. He said respected her a lot and he couldn't cheat on her. Which is why he decided to break up with her.

At least he was honest about his feelings. She didn't have to walk in on her boyfriend having sex with his so-called 'co-worker' in the bathroom. Luke is a cheating bastard.

But five years though? I don't know what I would do after loving a man for five years just for him to end it like that.

"Yeah... I'm okay. I'm just hanging in there. I felt it. I could tell his heart wasn't mine anymore. I just thought I could make it work, you know." She sighed. Before I could reply she spoke up. "Guess what!" She said she changed her mood all of a sudden.

I know she's hurting. She loved him. Five years is no joke, but knowing who she is, she doesn't like showing it. Unlike me, she doesn't like people seeing her weakness or showing them she's hurt. She would rather put on a smile and deal with it alone. It's not healthy, but she makes it work. I'm the only one who knows when she hurting and how to act around her.

"You know I'm not good at guessing, so just say it already," I replied making a coffee for myself in my kitchen.

"Guess who's moving to New York? Me!" She said excitedly. I spit out my coffee. "Shut the front door," I replied not believing her thinking it was one of her pranks.

"I thought about it a few weeks ago. You know... you're in New York. I have families in New York, and maybe I just need to change my environment. Just like you," She explained.

"Maybe just maybe, I can also meet a rich guy like your boyfriend. Who knows, I might be a lucky girl like you," She continued playfully.

I screamed excitedly. Arie laughed wholeheartedly.

"I've been trying so hard to keep this from you. I just wanted to surprise you in New York, but I don't want you to have a heart attack," She said, making me laugh.

"So that means we're gonna be roommates again? Please tell me you haven't gotten an apartment," I asked sitting on the couch. "Of course, we're going to be roommates again. You're not gonna get rid of me that easy," She said.

"You've just made my day. So, when are you moving in?" I asked

"I'm coming on the second of June. New York better be ready for this New chic 'cause I'm single... but not ready to mingle," She sang, making me laugh.

"I'm so happy! Wait what about work?" I asked.

"That's not a problem. I requested to be transferred to the headquarters. There was an opening in the Finance department, so I applied for the role. It was an opportunity for promotion. I did an interview and I was given the role. You're talking to the new Finance Director." Arie said, unable to control her excitement.