Chapter 31-- Five years later

Jane's P.O.V
It's been Five years since Liam and I broke up. I started a new life since then. I moved to France, learned to be alone all over again, and learned the French language. I was able to speak and write French after a year. It was a challenge for me to pick myself up again, adapt to my new life, and overcome my depression.

But I found the greatest love.

I'm in love with someone else, ever since I set my eyes on him. He is my joy. He places the pieces of my damaged heart back together. He has always been the one to wipe away my tears ever since he came into my life. I can't even imagine my life without him. He gives me hope every day I wake up or think about him.

The day I met him was the greatest day of my entire life. He made me laugh, put the biggest smile on my face, and made me cry tears of joy. Even though he gave me many sleepless nights, I don't regret ever having him in my life. I will never trade him for anything in this world.

Ian is the best gift Liam ever gave me and I love him for that because without him I wouldn't have my bundle of joy.

Ian repaired my broken heart with just his first smile. He filled all the space in my heart. He gave me hope.

I still love Liam. I've never stopped loving him. Those two men occupied my heart. Even though one broke my heart, the other one fixed it with just a smile.

I smiled at the thought of seeing my charming knight when I got home. We celebrated his birthday yesterday, My baby is four years old now.

I left New York for France the second day I found out that I was pregnant. The only people who know about Ian being Liam's son are my family, Arie, and Aiden. They also know where I live.

Aiden and I still talk. I apologized to him and he understood. He's married now, and they had a beautiful baby girl named Courtney, a year ago. His wife is so lovely and friendly.

My mom and my sister stood by me when I was pregnant. My mom stayed with me for three weeks before I had Ian. Julie was there when I gave birth to Ian. They made sure I was not alone.

That day was a great day. I laugh anytime I remember that fruitful day. My sister recorded it all with her camera even though I told her not to. She ended up giving the camera to me.

I named my son, Ian Alexander Greenwood, for some reason I wanted him to have his father's name.

I got home and parked my car. I opened the front door only to see Sarah chasing Ian to wear his onesie. They are at it again just like every other night. I walked towards his room where he usually ran to and hid.

I laughed at Sarah when I saw her struggling to make him wear his clothes.

"Mama!" Ian said, running to me.

"Hey baby, Tu m'as manqué (I missed you). Did you miss Mommy?" I asked caressing his hair. "Yes, Sarah and I had fun today. Can you imagine she tried to get me to wear ze onesie? I'm a big boy now. Je ne peux plus porter ça (I can't wear that anymore)," He said with his French accent making me smile.

"Non, c'est pas vrai! (No kidding!) Je sais que vous etes un grand garçon maintenant (I know you're a big boy now). How about this? Wear it for the night, and Mommy promises to buy another one for you tomorrow," I said with a smile. He nodded. "Okay Mommy," He replied and walked towards Sarah.

"Now, apologize to Sarah for being difficult," I instructed him. "I'm sorry, Sawah," He said shyly, making Sarah laugh. "Aww, you're so cute. No one can stay mad at you. It's okay," She replied and put on his onesie for him.

"Hi Sarah, hope he didn't give you too much trouble today," I asked, helping her tuck Ian in. "Non, just Ian and his big boy talk," She replied with a smile. Sarah is Ian's babysitter, my friend, and she's also my neighbor.