Chapter 8-- The 'Business Trip'

Jane's P.O.V
When we got to my apartment I decided to cook lasagna, and Liam helped me. He told me he loves lasagna.

We had so much fun while cooking.

The food was finally ready and we set the table.

Liam moaned after he took a bite. "This is good. Who taught you how to cook?" He asked.

"My mom. She taught me a lot of stuff while I was living with her. Lasagna is one of her favorites. She told me my dad taught her how to cook Lasagna when they lived together here in America." I smiled thinking about the good memories.

"So are you going tell me about it?" He asked.

"Maybe next time" I continued to eat. "Hmm," He narrowed his eyes. "What?" I asked. "Nothing, just thinking about something." He said.

"Tell me. Something like what?" I asked. "Maybe next time" He smirked.

Now that's childish. I chuckled.

We finished our dinner silently. Liam could feel his gaze throughout the whole dinner.

We decided to watch a movie, so I switched on the TV. "What do you want to watch?" I asked him.

"I don't know, what do you want to watch?" He asked me. "Okay, I love the Avengers. Let's watch it," I replied and he agreed.

I could feel Liam moving close to me. I twirl my head to face him before I can say anything his lips meet mine softly, asking me to kiss him back. I part my lips and he smiled taking full advantage of my lips.

The kiss was getting intense and Liam's hands were up to funny business so I stopped him.

"What?" He asked a little out of breath. "We can't do this. I'm sorry...I can't." I stood up and started pacing.

"Okay, I think it's time for me to leave," He said and I agreed. I walked him to the door.

"Thanks a lot for today. I truly appreciate it", I smiled slightly. "You're welcome. Thanks for inviting me for dinner. See you tomorrow, goodnight" He smiled and left. I closed the door and rested my back on the door sliding down until my butt reached the floor.

I need to end whatever this is.

"I know... I just can't seem to stop myself from having this feeling" I said out loud. He's so good at being a player that I keep forgetting the fact that he is a player.

This is not good for my heart. This is not me. I don't know how to be with someone casually. I know myself. I'll only get hurt.

I should be focusing on getting my job back and returning home.

Liam's P.O.V

I left her apartment and drove off to my penthouse.

I don't remember the last time I thought about about a girl this much. Whenever I'm with her, I can't seem to pull it together. I always forget myself and just dive into her world.

There is no denying that I'm attracted to her, but am I taking it too far?

She's good at her job, she's smart and responsible.  She's sophisticated. The list goes on, but I already know her type and I can't give her what she wants. I'm not the type to give her the kind of relationship she wants.

But still... I want her.

She's like a gem I know I can't touch because it's fragile, but it's so beautiful I can't help but touch.

I let out a deep breath and pulled up into the garage.

Since when did I start thinking this? I never cared about a girl's character, only her hotness.